What's new

Albatross Designs Shave Soap

So. I am not vegan, but I do like to use vegan products if possible. I was kind of looking around for "all natural" or vegan friendly products and stumbled upon the Albatross Shave Soap. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

Are you a salesperson for this product?

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Nope. I think if they wanted to send a salesperson they'd pick someone much better than me to do it. And someone who has been wet shaving for more than a month for that matter. And someone who worked for their company.

I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with it so I know what I'm getting into.

If you post an ingredient list, I can probably give you an idea about how well it will work.

The website says

Stearic Acid (plant-derived), Water, Castor Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Oil*, Kokum Butter, Palm Kernel Oil*, Sweet Almond Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Avocado Oil, Essential Oils and Bentonite Clay. *Organic

I check the forums here pretty regularly and have never heard of it. How did you stumble on it?

I just Google all natural shave soap. Their website popped up and I clicked it.

Depending on the proportions, it should lather well. Stearic first is good, castor oil high on the list is usually good. Saponified coconut oil can be rather drying, but kokum butter should help with that, along with sweet almond oil and avocado oil.

I've seen a lot worse lists. Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

The website says

Stearic Acid (plant-derived), Water, Castor Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Oil*, Kokum Butter, Palm Kernel Oil*, Sweet Almond Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Avocado Oil, Essential Oils and Bentonite Clay. *Organic

I just Google all natural shave soap. Their website popped up and I clicked it.
Funny--I googled that and it didn't show up until page 7 of results for me. The first hit was Wet Shaving Products--which is a great all natural/vegan soap. Dr. Jon's is another good choice--especially if you like scents a bit out of the ordinary. My only caution is don't stock up on too many all-natural vegan soaps. I keep 7-10 soaps in my shave den--so some sit for long stretches. I've had 2 vegan soaps that went rancid and had to be tossed. I'm more careful now about soaps with avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. and only buy them if I plan to use it heavily in my rotation.

Funny--I googled that and it didn't show up until page 7 of results for me. The first hit was Wet Shaving Products--which is a great all natural/vegan soap. Dr. Jon's is another good choice--especially if you like scents a bit out of the ordinary. My only caution is don't stock up on too many all-natural vegan soaps. I keep 7-10 soaps in my shave den--so some sit for long stretches. I've had 2 vegan soaps that went rancid and had to be tossed. I'm more careful now about soaps with avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. and only buy them if I plan to use it heavily in my rotation.

Oh yeah. It was a couple pages in as well for me. Not 7 though. It might be the frequency in which I look these sorts of things up. Another one that I'm interested in is the Portland General Store Whiskey. It gets rave reviews.

I asked about the albatross because I looked for reviews and couldn't find any.

Depending on the proportions, it should lather well. Stearic first is good, castor oil high on the list is usually good. Saponified coconut oil can be rather drying, but kokum butter should help with that, along with sweet almond oil and avocado oil.

I've seen a lot worse lists. Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

Thank you sir

@BaronSaturday have you used vegan soaps before? Personally i find the tallow based ones to be better just based on “face feel” which is admittedly subjective. That said, i love finding random products that no one else has tried and the one you’re looking at fits the bill nicely. I’d say try it out and see how it works! A lot of the fun with shaving is trying out new stuff so i say go for it!

Well. I'm a poor person so I have to see what my finances are like this Tuesday when tips roll in, but I'll definitely give it a shot. After this one I'll likely try the PGS Whiskey. If anyone here has a recommendation on an all natural pine or sandalwood scented one I can give a try that would be good in the future.

Like I said. I am a little new to wet shaving.

I know this is long dead, but I so forgot to come back here and update everyone. It lathers like most vegan soaps. I'd probably compare it's lather to the PAA stuff. I was about to go restock, but they're out of stock and it reminded me I never came back. If you find it in stock it's pretty good. It's not my favorite scent wise, but it's become a little nostalgic for me because it was one of my firsts.

Top Bottom