What's new

Avon Leather

After a recommendation to try Avon Leather by another member of this board, I picked up a 1980s-era NOS bottle, which arrived yesterday.

Wow, this stuff is outstanding! It's much more "leather" than English Leather, which I also use in a vintage version. The Avon scent really comes across with leather and woodsy notes. It really evokes autumn for me. I'm glad to have tried it.

I just used this yesterday as aftershave, to my nose it's a little more intense than the regular Leather aftershave. Definitely keep an eye out for it, it's part of a set with Tribute and Spicy.

image0 (1).jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
After a recommendation to try Avon Leather by another member of this board, I picked up a 1980s-era NOS bottle, which arrived yesterday.

Wow, this stuff is outstanding! It's much more "leather" than English Leather, which I also use in a vintage version. The Avon scent really comes across with leather and woodsy notes. It really evokes autumn for me. I'm glad to have tried it.

Yes, yes and yes! Avon Leather is amazing.

I actually have two boots full of the cologne, and a few cars of aftershave. It rocks!

AA

Not my favorite but I have encountered it in my eBay purchases. I like it better than English Leather. It's very resinous and incensy. Must be the galbanum.

Another one to look for is Excalibur, if you like Leather.

I second that thought. I get a bit frustrated when I read posts of our members exploits to track down vintage Avon. Ain't much to be had out here in central Nebraska. Just gotta keep on.

There's plenty on ebay. I haven't had a bad experience with NOS bottles.

Yes, the Bay is chock full of vintage Avon. Have known that for years. And I buy most of my Avon that way. Just wish I could find Avon locally. I have found maybe a fourth of my vintage Avon locally. Would be nice to save on shipping. Most of the free shipping items have a jacked up price to help cover the sellers' expense to ship.

Another one to look for is Excalibur, if you like Leather.

Well, I got a bottle of Excalibur and I love it! It's really got a "manly" scent, if that doesn't sound to stupid. It's sort of leathery, tobacco, etc. It's hard to explain. But it's a keeper!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, I got a bottle of Excalibur and I love it! It's really got a "manly" scent, if that doesn't sound to stupid. It's sort of leathery, tobacco, etc. It's hard to explain. But it's a keeper!

Excalibur is pretty good. I have the cologne and the AS.

Its weakness is longevity... Does not hang in the fight very long.

Still worthwhile.

AA

To my nose, Leather just smells like galbanum and incense.

I've only had a whiff of Excalibur. It seems to have more depth and dimension.

All the Avon scents are short lived, in my experience. They aren't like the aftershave colognes of companies like Pinaud or Jovan that are meant to have multiple functions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom