What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Today’s shave was fit for King William himself. Got an amazing BBS shave today from this old beauty, 1830-1837 W&B.

Larry

B9F11CDC-D20D-4733-BFF0-2A007E8DDC04.jpeg

5/8 P. Fritisse Paris

Had a suburb shave with this Vintage French blade .I love how this hard steel holds an edge and just wipes whiskers away in difficult areas .
rps20191005_155549_375.jpg

I previously mentioned that last week saw some moves in and out of my "weekly set". The big Dorko came up today with results that make me wonder why I ever put it away.
IMG_20191005_092046-01-01.jpeg

Dorko #118
CRV in Silvertip
Tabac

The Dorko still has the factory edge after about 5 months use with daily 0.1u diamond pasted balsa, and then about 4 months in storage with a mineral oil coating. Still sharp and smooth for today's outing. Great shave with a phenomenal razor!

Very few if any razor makers have ever managed to make elegance and beauty to an integral part of their razor designs in the way Thiers Issard does today. Furthermore the very hard C135 steel used by Thiers Issard nowadays is indeed special and can only be compared to the steel Swedish straight razors were made of. Every shave with these razors is a joy shave wise, but also visually. This makes TI razors very compelling to me. That and that they can be replaced if dropped. The downside is the price. If you exclude the more expensive makers of custom razors the Thiers Issard razors are the most high priced razors there are. The question is; are they worth it? Objectively no, but then again why do some people drive Mercedes when they can get the same functionality from other cars for a better price? In short priorities are personal as is budget restraints, but to me Thiers Issard razors are definitely worth the cost.

Spartacus 68.jpg

Top Bottom