What's new

Lilac Vegetal

Unfortunately I am not chosen. My wife has underscored this to me. The Veg reminds me of an old gentlemen in the nursing home who still chases the ladies, fancies himself a bit of a dandy, and has a bit of mostly dried urine in his Depends.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
But first you have to get past the cat urine scent that permeates not only the room you're in but your soul.
You say that like it's a bad thing. :)

LOL, that's my opinion of the Veg too. I was not chosen, I was PUCKED, as in urinal puck.

Oh no! I'm not trying it. I don't want to smell like cat pee any more than I would want a man to smell like cat pee. [emoji1785]

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I don't think it smells like pee... at least to me.

II do think the scent is very unusual, though.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
There's no "cat pee" note, sheesh!

Veg scent pyramid:

• URINAL CAKE •

FORMALDEHYDE • FUNERAL HOME

SATIN PILLOW • LILLIES • RELATIVES' TEARS

AA

There are lots of descriptions of the Veg I've seen, but I think that is my favorite.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There are lots of descriptions of the Veg I've seen, but I think that is my favorite.

I may have gone too far.

I have the Veg, and wear it on occasion. Mostly to appreciate other aftershaves.

Not every day can be a good day.

AA

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
My wife has the hazmat suit and respirator out and at the ready - just in case. ;-)
The Veg will scoff at that lack of preparation. You need to read an article on the web called "Sand Won't Save You This Time" to get an idea of just how strong the Veg is.

A little excerpt
"
The compound also a stronger oxidizing agent than oxygen itself, which also puts it into rare territory. That means that it can potentially go on to “burn” things that you would normally consider already burnt to hell and gone, and a practical consequence of that is that it’ll start roaring reactions with things like bricks and asbestos tile. It’s been used in the semiconductor industry to clean oxides off of surfaces, at which activity it no doubt excels.
There’s a report from the early 1950s of a one-ton spill of the stuff. It burned its way through a foot of concrete floor and chewed up another meter of sand and gravel beneath, completing a day that I’m sure no one involved ever forgot.
"

If that doesn't describe how the Veg permeates it's surroundings I'm not sure what does.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
@Raven Koenes @Brian C. @Whiterook @cryhavoc and other Knights of the Veg Table

First time using the Clubman Pinaud Lilac Vegetal. :)

Tonight's (20191008) shave:

Pre-shave: Wash face with Neutrogena
Brush: Yaqi Cashmere Synthetic
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Gillette 1953 German Tech #34 w/MR11
Blade: Kai (1)
Post-shave: Thai Alum
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

The Veg goes on nice, feels good on my face and smells clean with nice Lilac undertones.

Certainly not getting cat urine, urinal cake or any of the other horrific odors attributed to it.

My wife and I both like it. I will definitely use it again.

Does this mean that I have been Chosen by The Veg? :)

Just my opinion and YMMV.

Last edited:
Don't listen to all these wankers telling you how bad it smells, like cat pisss, human urine, or worse!
Try it for yourself.
There are plenty of blokes who swear by it... after all, it has been around for over 200 years. It can't be all bad.
I find it quite pleasant.
I will admit, the plastic bottles do taint the scent after a while.
If you like it whilst fresh in the plastic bottle, please...do decant it into a glass vessel,
for it will certainly turn unpleasant in a short time.
It is one of the earliest of men's fragrances, devised for the Hungarian Cavalry during Napoleon's time.

@Raven Koenes @Brian C. @Whiterook @cryhavoc and other Knights of the Veg Table

First time using the Clubman Pinaud Lilac Vegetal. :)

Tonight's (20191008) shave:

Pre-shave: Wash face with Neutrogena
Brush: Yaqi Cashmere Synthetic
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Gillette 1953 German Tech #34 w/MR11
Blade: Kai (1)
Post-shave: Thai Alum
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

The Veg goes on nice, feels good on my face and smells clean with nice Lilac undertones.

Certainly not getting cat urine, urinal cake or any of the other horrific odors attributed to it.

You are apparently one of the chosen ones. Welcome to the Noble Brotherhood, Sir @never-stop-learning

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

I am 50/50 on the Veg. I like the lilac opening, but not crazy about the powdery drydown. I decanted to glass, added some glycerin, shake it up before applying. Make sure I don't use shaving soap, but unscented gel. Once all this is done is when I get an experience I enjoy, and feel "chosen". Also, don't go out to your garden after applying. Bugs, flies, bees and wasps will like you!

I wonder if this is a cat owner vs never owned one kind of thing. We have dogs.

We have a cat. He went and got a family member when I tried The Veg. He didn't care for it at all. Neither did the family. One had an allergic reaction from the scent. Discovered I was having an allergic reaction as I was washing it off.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
@Raven Koenes @Brian C. @Whiterook @cryhavoc and other Knights of the Veg Table First time using the Clubman Pinaud Lilac Vegetal. :)

Yes, yes, you have definitely been chosen. :001_smile
tenor.gif

Top Bottom