What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

I’ll post pics when the Wizashave’s blades show up for a comparison. Either way I don’t think the blades are fake, after looking at the packaging and box, it would be a ton of work with little to no return to fake blades.

715D7EDA-080B-4AF7-A4D2-0438D06B475D.jpeg
Do all mfg's print over the glue spots?

Here’s the exact same blade as in the original picture I posted. I scraped the glue away and it doesn’t appear that the printing was over the wax spots. Here’s also a new blade I opened for comparison.
F8B34D10-31C2-4117-8785-9326ED12AE96.jpeg
2B6DFAAF-3A10-44B7-A1F2-8A0012437466.jpeg

The tucks in the sticks I bought from wizashave lack those date codes printed on the tucks. I suspect this means that the supply wizashave is selling from really is different from the supply adeelachha-0 is selling from on ebay, because they probably started printing those codes on the tucks between whenever those two different lots were produced. The Wizashave lot is probably older. It's fascinating to see something that looks like a 2017 date on Wizamet packaging, since that's several years after the Polsilver Super Iridium packing appeared. Assuming those really are dates codes, then they continued producing the older Wizamet packaging for many years after they started using the Polsilver packaging.

The dried out glue in the wizashave sticks is good news to me. It suggests that those have been in storage for a long time, and that they've been stored in a dry environment. For new old stock blades, that means the edges are going to be in better condition than if they'd been stored somewhere humid. It's consistent with what I've suspected, which is that some distributor bought a pallet of them a long time ago, and they've been sitting in his warehouse in Morocco ever since. Somebody noticed them, realized they were now worth more than the distributor realized, and engaged in some retail arbitrage.

Then again, if the adeelachha-0 blades are less than two years old, maybe they're in better condition than the wizashave blades.
Keep in mind that Post that raised the
Glue issue was referring to the glue
That holds the tuck closed not the stuff
On the blade

Keep in mind that Post that raised the
Glue issue was referring to the glue
That holds the tuck closed not the stuff
On the blade

Yes, that's right. What I was trying to point out is that since that glue (on the ends of the tucks) dried out, it indicates that the entire stick was stored in a dry environment for a long time. So the blade steel stored inside that same stick was also stored in a dry environment for a long time. Long term storage in a dry environment is exactly what I'd want to see for new old stock blades, and that's most likely how these were stored. You replied to me, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Yes, that's right. What I was trying to point out is that since that glue (on the ends of the tucks) dried out, it indicates that the entire stick was stored in a dry environment for a long time. So the blade steel stored inside that same stick was also stored in a dry environment for a long time. Long term storage in a dry environment is exactly what I'd want to see for new old stock blades, and that's most likely how these were stored. You replied to me, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
More than 1 place they use glue, yep.

Fellas, the "Are these Iridiums fake?" horse is dead, decomposed, and only a few small bone fragments remain LOL

I've been using these blades for a long time; they are legit. And if they're not, then we should all raise a toast to the ingenuity of Chinese counterfeiters because they shave exactly like Polsilvers.

Fellas, the "Are these Iridiums fake?" horse is dead, decomposed, and only a few small bone fragments remain LOL...

Yes, the topic has been beat to death ad nauseam and has risen to cultlike status it appears. Worse yet, every conceivable question regarding these has been answered 64,000 times yet many are simply too slovenly to do a search function. It's the "Russian collusion" of modern wet shaving.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I shaved with a Wizashave blade for the first time today. Performed very well as expected. I am happy with my purchase, and may order some more just for yuks. And to share.

So, to sum it up - The Polsilver Super Iridium is dead, Long live the Iridium -Super.
(And to think it was the other way round 10 years ago).

I don't think P&G kept manufacturing the Iridium Super during all those 10 years. They probably only do runs from time to time. Both types of packaging are for different markets. I can only hope they are going to do a new run of the Silver Blues. :biggrin1:

They're actually more expensive than those at reputable online vendors.

Would you mind telling me where? I bought 100 Gillette Silver Blues a month ago for $14.41 from healthcareplus1 on ebay. If there's a reputable online vendor with better pricing, I'd like to know who it is.

If you haven't seen it yet, there's a new seller on ebay offering sticks of 250 Wizamet Iridium Supers for $45, or two sticks for $80. The seller is "dromashop", and is also shipping from Morocco. He also lists 150 blades for $33, or 1,000 blades for $150. I think that's the best deal out there, assuming these are also legit.

Would you mind telling me where? I bought 100 Gillette Silver Blues a month ago for $14.41 from healthcareplus1 on ebay. If there's a reputable online vendor with better pricing, I'd like to know who it is.

I bought the Polsilver 100 pack from West Coast Shaving for $33 + free shipping. West Coast Shaving are one of the more reliable vendors on this forum, even if they've changed ownership. Every seller on ebay is selling the same packs for $40 and up.

If you haven't seen it yet, there's a new seller on ebay offering sticks of 250 Wizamet Iridium Supers for $45, or two sticks for $80. The seller is "dromashop", and is also shipping from Morocco. He also lists 150 blades for $33, or 1,000 blades for $150. I think that's the best deal out there, assuming these are also legit.

I take it you're referring to this questionable seller: Super Iridium listing?

I've had bad experiences with ebay in the past. I've since stayed away from that site. At least I know I won't get burned buying from a reputable vendor.

Top Bottom