What's new

Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather

Vintage Williams Menthol.
proxy.php

There's Modern Williams, and then there's everything else.
BigD

VdH Deluxe! Their shave butter makes a great ASB, but a rather poor soap for shaving.
proxy.php

BigD

The Fat never disappoints !!!

That is very True but most people buy it and try straight away and wonder why it fails, the trick is to hydrate the soap if you buy it with the bowl the soap looks very small and the bowl looks way to big. Now this is where the magic happens fill the bowl up with water just above the soap and leave it, let it sit keep checking it but keep adding water till the soap fits the bowl normal for about 30 days Feel free to turn the soap over 14 days in it needs this as it swells up big time. Once its to that point then start using it and enjoy very thick lather and loads of it.....

The trick is dont let the soap dry out or it shrinks and cracks, I cannot understand why we say load it like you hate it. As when it is hydrated it is soft that you only need a few swirls and bingo.

I have only found this out a month and a half ago as living near Bradford i go to the makers shop and buy it, and I ask questions while I am there that's when I got told this to get the best out of it do as above. Now I have had one doing just that from the time I was told and its ready to use now, and this is how it looks now after just over a month of sitting and swelling....

20191004_101843.jpg
20191004_101903.jpg

Now you can see how much a new puck of soap grows it has swollen to fit the bowl and has a glossy look to it and not dry so no need to load it like you hate it and yes its worth the time to do this.... Enjoy my bit of info passed on to you fellow gents.... in the MWF tricks

And this is the shop in Bradford where MWF is made

a7479a027b64370c289fefd8f174cea3.jpg

MWF top.jpg

Last edited:
Some Burma Shave love for the audience.
proxy.php

BigD

@BigD This is a fantastic thread you have some stunning lathers going, more so with the down to earth soaps that we all love..

(Apart from Williams mug soap cough cough) As that is one that I cannot master for the love of me, vintage one fantastic but the modern one I have more chance in platting fog.

Top Bottom