What's new

Post the brush(es) on its way to your den.

1570115494653.jpeg

How did you like the Tip knot? I’m waiting to receive one.

The tips knot is awesome. It gels up a lot but yet still has good backbone. If you like gel tips you will love it as I do. The turnnshave tips and the apshaveco gelousy are both a steal of a deal in my book. Both can hang with any knot I have used including paladin, mf, dg, bs thater etc and even better than some of them for ME that is. Hope this helps.

Happy shaves
SMURF

Where did you find that brush. Its amazing.

The awesome dude that is restoring my Rubberset 400-3 found it, and set a new knot into it. No idea where he found it. The ferrule screws off like a Rubberset as well. The detail on it is pretty great.

proxy.php

Last edited:
The tips knot is awesome. It gels up a lot but yet still has good backbone. If you like gel tips you will love it as I do. The turnnshave tips and the apshaveco gelousy are both a steal of a deal in my book. Both can hang with any knot I have used including paladin, mf, dg, bs thater etc and even better than some of them for ME that is. Hope this helps.

Happy shaves
SMURF

It does help, thank you. I’m very excited to try this knot.

This one was quite prickly for my taste. Let me know how it works out for you.
Right off the bat it smells terrible! Like turpentine. Also seems like the color from the bristles is leaching. Used it with a sample of Stirling spice soap and it was very difficult to get a good lather. Not sure if its the soap or the brush, I do have other Stirling soaps that lather great. The brush was somewhat prickly I noticed a bit but I was preoccupied with the stink and poor lather!

Right off the bat it smells terrible! Like turpentine. Also seems like the color from the bristles is leaching. Used it with a sample of Stirling spice soap and it was very difficult to get a good lather. Not sure if its the soap or the brush, I do have other Stirling soaps that lather great. The brush was somewhat prickly I noticed a bit but I was preoccupied with the stink and poor lather!
Yup. That was my experience as well. It smells of horse manure for good 4-5 shaves and then gets better. It lacks backbone so it might be harder to lather but it didnt have much problems for me.

Top Bottom