What's new

Lilac Vegetal

I own the entire Clubman line and love them all.

This is from a previous post of mine concerning The Veg:

The Veg comes from the shaving Gods. Only the chosen are worthy of it. All the rest bow as we walk by knowing they are not worthy if this Heavenly tincture. Women swoon and unworthy degenerates cower in shame within our presence. We are The Knights of the Veg Table.
1570026888043.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I own the entire Clubman line and love them all.

This is from a previous post of mine concerning The Veg:

The Veg comes from the shaving Gods. Only the chosen are worthy of it. All the rest bow as we walk by knowing they are not worthy if this Heavenly tincture. Women swoon and unworthy degenerates cower in shame within our presence. We are The Knights of the Veg Table. View attachment 1022122
That ALMOST sounded poetical like.

I'm all confused thanks to you folks. I'm like a mule that's starving standing between a bale straw and a bale of hay.

I may have to put up something for trade in the BST. I've got an '88 Toyota pickup that needs a home. All it needs is a battery and an inner tube.

Great story! Has your son worn it since that fateful evening?

I am not one of the chosen. To each there own, so long as when they wear The Veg, they stay at least one city block away from wherever I am.

My son has shunned using any aftershave at all. I've let him smell all of mine. He knows he can try anything I have. He's just not into it. He isn't into this sport like we are. He has the razors I gave him: Gillette Tech, Gillette Old Type, Schone Open Comb. No interest in more. He has tried my R41. He has one cream he likes. TOBS Almond. Doesn't want anything else. His only aftershave is Thayer's Witch Hazel with lemon scent. He uses alum before the witch hazel. That's it. He likes to keep it simple. Maybe he's onto something.......

If you decant it into a glass container the scent mellows. I like the history behind this product as well as the scent.

The Veg can be so polarizing. The missus usually says something snarky if she is around and I have used it. I tolerate it, but I won't wear it in public. My decanted bottle is 3/4 gone, and I won't replace it. I love the scent of lilac, so a few years ago I found a couple winners, Gabel's Lilac and Master Lilac Vegetol. Both of these are linear and a bit herbal, which is fine by me. They don't have the powdery stench that the Veg has. So the Veg is third on the totem pole with me.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have accepted the challenge. My Lilac Vegetal and a glass bottle/decanter will be here next week.

My wife has very specific likes (and dislikes - Roam was NOT a good idea ;)) so this will be a big hill to climb.

In order to provide the best chance of success, the Lilac Vegetal will be decanted in glass (well away from my wife's nose ;)) until all questionable odors have dissipated.

Hopefully, I will be found worthy to join the Knights of the Veg Table. ;)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I have accepted the challenge. My Lilac Vegetal and a glass bottle/decanter will be here next week.

My wife has very specific likes (and dislikes - Roam was NOT a good idea ;)) so this will be a big hill to climb.

In order to provide the best chance of success, the Lilac Vegetal will be decanted in glass (well away from my wife's nose ;)) until all questionable odors have dissipated.

Hopefully, I will be found worthy to join the Knights of the Veg Table. ;)
Decant the Veg?...but you'll ruins it.
tenor1HQZ6F2H.gif

I have decanted all of my AS that came in plastic bottles and it makes a huge difference for me. The most dramatic change was in the Old Spice. In the orginal container I could only get that chemical cologne scent. Now I can smell the spice!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Nah, go ahead and decant. Lilac Vegetal originally came in glass bottles, so you will just be going traditional. I just find the plastic bottle gives it a little something.
Was planning on decanting and letting it 'breathe'. I will not be able to resist getting a good whiff of it in the plastic bottle. :)

The Veg leaves no room for indecision, you are either chosen or you are not. Many get a "cat pee" funk from it and others don't and enjoy it.

I am a member of the Chosen and it smells like lilac's to me and the better half.

This was my first aftershave when I was about 12 or 13. I still remember biking up to Rite Aid and getting a bottle of it (glass) and then using it for my next shave. Used it without incident for a while and I was always told by many I smelled very nice.

The latest formulation still apparently smells nice on me as I get compliments from the wife and daughters but something in it irritates my skin so I can't use it. Maybe the irritation is a function of getting older as I'm sensitive to a lot of things I was not before but I suspect something has changed for the worse in the formulation.

As with all these things, and fragrance especially, they get changed and cheapened over the years. I bet the original smelled fantastic and very fresh.

I love the scent of lilacs as when I was growing up my mother had a lilac tree right outside my bedroom window. Sleeping at night with the windows open in the Spring my room filled with the scent of them. Many pleasant memories.

When we bought our house years ago it was the dead of winter and all the trees were bare and I had no idea of what we had. Come Spring I saw that the one smaller tree right out of the master bedroom window was a lilac tree as it started to bloom, I knew I was home.

Chris

I decanted my plastic bottle into a nice glass bottle and it didn't do a dang thing for that wretched cat urine odor. I've been chosen................not to smell like cat piddle.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This was my first aftershave when I was about 12 or 13. I still remember biking up to Rite Aid and getting a bottle of it (glass) and then using it for my next shave. Used it without incident for a while and I was always told by many I smelled very nice.

The latest formulation still apparently smells nice on me as I get compliments from the wife and daughters but something in it irritates my skin so I can't use it. Maybe the irritation is a function of getting older as I'm sensitive to a lot of things I was not before but I suspect something has changed for the worse in the formulation.

As with all these things, and fragrance especially, they get changed and cheapened over the years. I bet the original smelled fantastic and very fresh.

I love the scent of lilacs as when I was growing up my mother had a lilac tree right outside my bedroom window. Sleeping at night with the windows open in the Spring my room filled with the scent of them. Many pleasant memories.

When we bought our house years ago it was the dead of winter and all the trees were bare and I had no idea of what we had. Come Spring I saw that the one smaller tree right out of the master bedroom window was a lilac tree as it started to bloom, I knew I was home.

Chris
Excellent post sir!

You are lucky if the Veg smells like an old man from the Belle Époque!

On me, LOTH picks up the aroma of ‘the cat must be misbehaving!’ Plus it lasts a long time.

Top Bottom