What's new

Omega EVO Silver Synth - The Next Generation

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hello all. Has anyone taken the plunge on the evo? I was looking at them again would appreciate any reviews or thoughts from the community thanks

Hello all. Has anyone taken the plunge on the evo? I was looking at them again would appreciate any reviews or thoughts from the community thanks

I don't see it sold outside of Italy yet. Price for the Italians is $65 with tax. Here are some impressions from our brothers at their most popular shaving forum:

A little while ago I touched the Omega Evo with my hands and I studied the fiber well, as I imagined it is really very similar to the Muhle STF, they are similar aesthetically and have almost the same type of ripple and thickness, the tips are soft in badger style not tuxedo-like so they don't make the plastic effect, the right backbone is present.
Nothing to do with the Simpson Shavemac fiber and company, it's different.

The brush is nice big, more than the Chubby 2 Synt, even the tuft is generous in size, probably a few millimeters higher than a 55.

I'll let you know something concrete when they give it to me for a test.

----------------------------------

The MARBLE finish is really beautiful and the resin conveys a feeling of solidity as well as guaranteeing a firm grip. The engraving of the brand is very impressive, it seems really carved in marble ... great work.
The tuft ... decidedly different fibers from the Tuxedo and from the Pur-Tech, they have a greater diameter that becomes very thin on the tips for a notable softness. They are not particularly undulating and the tuft has a good backbone; the shape is more of a hybrid than a bulb as it appears in the images on the net and in the sales ad. I don't have Shavemac synthetics and I can't compare, I handled a Chubby 2 Synth and it definitely doesn't have that backbone.
The dimensions:
tuft: 29x52 mm
handle: 53 mm
total 105 mm
weight: 95 g

-----------------------------------

In the use with the hard soap " Capt. Fawcett Accademia Scapicchio " it behaved great charging easily and returning a large amount of perfectly whipped and hydrated foam.
On the face it opens easily without any whip effect (which I found in the Omega Hi-Brush), the massage is sustained but very soft and extremely pleasant ... in conclusion, even if it was only the first use, it is a decisive step ahead of Omega compared to its previous synthetic brushes and with the EVOs it competes with similar top products made with the latest generation fibers.

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

I like the way the knot looks, very realistic.

I have noticed as my older synthetics break in, they get the same characteristic corkscrew pattern on some of the fibers and seem to perform better.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
thanks for the response and info @naughtilus
im on a buying spree so I like the looks of these. I think they are available internationally but not sure I want to take the plunge yet.

I read that all EVOs are 28mm knot.
But the EVO knot in picture looks like a bulb+fan knot. It gave me pause.
I find a silvertip or 2 band with just 24 mm is good enough for me. Any synthatic is ok with 26mm. I have no idea how this knot shape on 28mm is going to behave like.

Now selling at WCS for $64 a piece. I haven't seen it anywhere else. A little too expensive for a synthetic IMO. Hopefully the price comes down.

I checked it out at the WCS site and they have it listed as 55mm for loft and the handle at 55mm and a total height of 105mm. I thought I had a math problem. Hopefully the knot will be significantly different from the Simpson in feel.
I did place an order for one, we'll see.

^
I almost did -- perfect time with the Black Friday discount! -- but the I believe this is 28mm, and I need to stick to 26mm to fit in my new stand. Let us know how it goes.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I checked it out at the WCS site and they have it listed as 55mm for loft and the handle at 55mm and a total height of 105mm. I thought I had a math problem. Hopefully the knot will be significantly different from the Simpson in feel.
I did place an order for one, we'll see.
Oh i hope its not like the Simpson chubby
With the 20% off i pulled the trigger math mistake and all

Nice shave this morning with the Evo. I wish I still had my Simpson knot in it's original configuration (51-52mm) but a least I still have the knot. The Evo has a loft of 53mm and my relofted Simpson knot (on right) is set at 56mm. I'd give the edge to the Evo. It opens better and feels softer than my relofted brush. If you notice the knots are colored slightly different and the shape differs too.

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.

Nice shave this morning with the Evo. I wish I still had my Simpson knot in it's original configuration (51-52mm) but a least I still have the knot. The Evo has a loft of 53mm and my relofted Simpson knot (on right) is set at 56mm. I'd give the edge to the Evo. It opens better and feels softer than my relofted brush. If you notice the knots are colored slightly different and the shape differs too.
looks nice ... i debated getting that handle but went for a different look with the white marble.

i think mine is being delivered today. good report and comparison thanks
so did you get the simpson knot out of the handle yourself? i assume that destroyed the simpson handle?

How is the handle? Isn’t it marble?

Top Bottom