What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Heritage chicken eggs, onion, garlic, spinach, red jalapeno, grated cheese, garden cherry tomatoes, avocado and BT's hot sauce.
20190723_070811.jpg
20190723_070823.jpg

For my daughter and I to-day....mom at work....and running skimpy on groceries.....I made fried bologna & gravy with scrambled eggs, and biscuits. And of course coffee.

I love "Red Eye" gravy. My grandmother taught me how to make it years ago as a kid. Fry up the fattiest ham you can get, remove the meat when done. Leave all the grease in the skillet, add a 1/2 cup of water, a 1/2 cup of black coffee, some salt...leave it all to boil...mmmmmm....mmmm, when it's piping hot, pour it in a bowl and dunk your biscuits in it....cant be beat. This is the "real" southern gravy. Who else eats this?

Dow

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
That’s some pretty good eat’n right there!!

Not a carb anywhere (maybe a few in the garlic). Perfect for sugar diabetes.

For my daughter and I to-day....mom at work....and running skimpy on groceries.....I made fried bologna & gravy with scrambled eggs, and biscuits. And of course coffee.

I love "Red Eye" gravy. My grandmother taught me how to make it years ago as a kid. Fry up the fattiest ham you can get, remove the meat when done. Leave all the grease in the skillet, add a 1/2 cup of water, a 1/2 cup of black coffee, some salt...leave it all to boil...mmmmmm....mmmm, when it's piping hot, pour it in a bowl and dunk your biscuits in it....cant be beat. This is the "real" southern gravy. Who else eats this?

Dow
Have never tried it, but I've seen the recipe and think it's really good.

That looks friggin' great!
Thanks...it was.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Heritage chicken eggs, roasted garlic, avocado and BT's hot sauce. Apple on the side. If you haven't tried roasted garlic in your meals give it a try. I put it in everything. Sweet and mild.
20190725_082917.jpg
20190725_082924.jpg

Usually eat some cereal. My MIL usually puts fruit and boiled vegetables in the blender and makes a something akin to a smoothie. Not the good tasting kind though. I can use the additional vegetables/fruit in my diet though, so I drink it.

E1E87BDE-9B16-471F-A382-CA04A02B5097.JPG Sunday brunch: Indonesian fried rice with lamb. Nasi Goreng Kambing in the vernacular. Serve with a sunny side up egg each, and a dish of chopped bird's eye chilli and soya sauce to taste.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Denver omelette, side of bacon, and sliced tomatoes in lieu of the hash browns that I really wanted. :)

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Tamale filled omelette topped with guacamole and a spicy jalapeno buttermilk sauce. A refreshing grapefruit vodka cocktail on the side.
20190824_085904.jpg

Not to rain on your kal-if-for-nye-ay breakfasts, but avocado ain't good for nothin' but cutting the pits out, let them dry, and use them in a shepherd's sling.

I was in the UK for a week, and had proper breakfasts most days. Wednesday to Saturday in London, and so visits to De Vine Café were compulsory - it's a little café tucked under the railway arch just by America Sq. My London boss sits in an office in Crescent so it's quite handy. What I like is you get a mix of suits, construction workers and genuine tourists all rubbing shoulders having great British grub. The owner is really friendly and nothing seems too much trouble. Highly recommended. This was from the Thursday (Wednesday's pic didn't come out too well).
De Vine.jpg

The missus had just egg on toast, we had two cups of builders' tea, a bottle of water to rehydrate after Wednesday night and a bill of £13.40. Unbeatable.

I was in the UK for a week, and had proper breakfasts most days. Wednesday to Saturday in London, and so visits to De Vine Café were compulsory - it's a little café tucked under the railway arch just by America Sq. My London boss sits in an office in Crescent so it's quite handy. What I like is you get a mix of suits, construction workers and genuine tourists all rubbing shoulders having great British grub. The owner is really friendly and nothing seems too much trouble. Highly recommended. This was from the Thursday (Wednesday's pic didn't come out too well).View attachment 1021694
The missus had just egg on toast, we had two cups of builders' tea, a bottle of water to rehydrate after Wednesday night and a bill of £13.40. Unbeatable.
What are the meat things above the eggs?

4224D79F-7880-4A7F-BA4D-D677C7CD0E35.jpeg

My breakfast practically every day for the past three years: a smoothie made with skim milk, frozen bananas, honey, unsweetened cacao, almonds, steel cut oats, and spinach.

Top Bottom