What's new

Classic Shaving Enoch AC Razor Experience

I wonder if they would just sell the handle as an upgrade to the Oren?

Seriously doubt it as the only thing that would be missing is the top plate and two screws, but you could ask.

The Hiram Commander is one piece
See above, there is a top plate that screws on to the base. For the two previous Occam razors, there were three top plates for mild , medium, and aggressive that came with the razor. The HIRAM seem to come with only one plate and so I am assuming it is the medium and if you want mild or aggressive, you would need to purchase it seperately (or ask @imatabor for one).

Seriously doubt it as the only thing that would be missing is the top plate and two screws, but you could ask.

See above, there is a top plate that screws on to the base. For the two previous Occam razors, there were three top plates for mild , medium, and aggressive that came with the razor. The HIRAM seem to come with only one plate and so I am assuming it is the medium and if you want mild or aggressive, you would need to purchase it seperately (or ask @imatabor for one).
I believe on CS website it says less guard and will shave similar to the Cobra Classic which was fairly aggressive. They don't address if other guards could be substituted on the Hiram Commander.

I believe on CS website it says less guard and will shave similar to the Cobra Classic which was fairly aggressive. They don't address if other guards could be substituted on the Hiram Commander.
All guards on all Occam razors (except the Enoch) were fixed and part of the handle. the part that adjusted the shave was the head that was screwed on to the handle. Take a look at pics of the original Occam and the OREN and you will see what I am talking about.

All guards on all Occam razors (except the Enoch) were fixed and part of the handle. the part that adjusted the shave was the head that was screwed on to the handle. Take a look at pics of the original Occam and the OREN and you will see what I am talking about.
I do see it thanks

This might make a good Christmas gift at this point
Hate to say it, but, hopefully a Christmas gift. Tough to trust/believe the estimates at this point. I think we're now on the 4th or 5th new date. Not to mention, owner's posts on other forums say December while website still says by Black Friday.

Price is too good to pass up / cancel existing order, but the $50 "credit" will probably go unused.

Just a quick update on the progress/delivery of Enoch & Hiram AC razors. I copied and pasted an update from one of Mr. Webster’s posts on another forum. This is his statement concerning availability. Yes, they won’t be delivered before Christmas. To me that’s not a bad thing. The pressure is off to get them out in a rush and therefore in my opinion allows time for proper q/c of the razors to make sure that they are up to standards. And that’s all I care about. Just a good razor that fits precisely and shaves as good as its fitment and construction (assuming they are manufactured well with tolerances to match). Hopefully, they nailed both of those objectives. A week or two extra delay won’t hurt a soul...

Group,

Let me start by saying they have finally shipped both the Enoch and the Hiram. I have the tracking information and have confirmed they there are 11 boxes on the way...

There is a small chance we might get them on Sunday. I have my DHL drivers number and I can make a trip to pick them up at the airport (i have done this before) if I can do that Sunday or Monday I will. There is no real chance of us getting them to you by Christmas at this point. I am so very sorry group. I wont give all the details of how much bad information I got on these projects but I will say I related a lot of bad information and delivery times to each and everyone of you here. I got so much more bad info from my factory.

I will make sure you are all taken care of (anyone who bought forum member or non... will get a nice bonus). If you would like a refund I will do that and let you keep the customer reward points and the extra points we added.

I will let you know once we have them in hand. I feel like once I have them there will be something else. I can't believe what a cluster this has been.

We wish you all Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Additionally lets all make sure we go out and champion wet shaving to our friends and loved ones this holiday season. I can't believe how many people I meet daily that hate shaving... Let's share the awesome news about how wet shaving can make a morning PITA task something fun, rewarding and something you anticipate...

Regards,
Luke

I got the notice, but it only sats that it is out for delivery. I hope that it is worth the wait. We will see soon.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Enoch was delivered today. Unfortunately, I shaved earlier today and will have to wait until tomorrow morning to give it a go. But, it looks very nice and the blade loaded up onto the tabs without much issue. Pretty much looks very evenly exposed through the whole length of the razor head and no sloppiness at all detected on the blade fitment. Tight and evenly held. The threaded stud is just slightly on the rough side in terms of removing and installing the handle but, I unscrewed and reinstalled it a few times and the tightening action became a bit smoother and was a non issue after about 3-4 repetitions. It’s loaded with a fresh Feather Pro and ready for tomorrow mornings maiden shave with the Enoch.

On a side note, all those products were included in the package. I DID NOT ORDER ANY OF THESE. It is part of the extra bonus that Mr. Webster and CS included in the package I’m assuming. An extremely generous gesture and I’m very appreciative of it. It was not needed but, I thank them nonetheless.....

8D751F9D-B20D-4DAE-AB93-A6D5BA736ECD.jpeg

C7FFBD4A-1283-4B5D-A3F2-120956460C6F.jpeg

0CD2F8FC-076E-4D9C-A698-1D72392EA586.jpeg

F7C87979-906D-46D8-BA8C-0D519E6A54C1.jpeg

F7C87979-906D-46D8-BA8C-0D519E6A54C1.jpeg

08BB8448-5758-4F1B-B25F-DF4F0FE016B1.jpeg

A54AB54E-3666-4E3C-A015-E1B42269218C.jpeg

86B50B0B-03B3-4FA4-ADC7-7B454C226C3A.jpeg

A55DADAB-6A25-42A2-91B7-4132A1650D0B.jpeg

7A65B57F-B2D9-4BBA-BA79-04569650857B.jpeg

So, saw the notification that it was out for delivery this morning. I wouldn't normally shave at 2 in the afternoon knowing that I have to shave tomorrow morning for church, but hey, I can ask for help/forgiveness for my lack of self control while I'm there.

Arrival:
Well-taped box within a bubble envelope. Nice box with fitted foam insert. Couple of shave oils, unscented from blades soap, and alum block were included as gifts (not ordered but will be appreciated).

Setup:
Enoch loaded with Schick ProLine. Heard the faintest chatter and tightened handle a touch. Chatter went away. Soaked my Rudy Very emillion / ShaveMac 2-band silvertip, then loaded it with C&S Oxford. I find this to be a good, slick baseline soap.

The Shave:
First thing I noticed was the angle. Almost parallel to my face. Definitely a change from my other razors. Next was the sound. Felt very loud with lots of feedback. Not bad, but you can tell you're cutting whiskers. The shave was fairly effortless. Did a quick 2 passes. 1 tiny weeper on the neck, but I blame the pimple more than the razor. The Enoch has good weight and feel. Gave me a really good shave for 2 passes, and it compares favorably to my aluminum General. I'd consider both medium in terms of aggressiveness/feel. As similar as the results may be, the paths to get there are very different. The aluminum General seems to need a little more pressure and shorter strokes. The Enoch's weight allows it to do more of the work and with longer strokes. The Enoch is probably slightly more aggressive. The General maneuvers the chin area a little better, but Enoch cleaned up the cleft now easily (to be fair, can't judge Enoch completely on 1 shave).

Overall, initial impression is favorable. Wasn't happy with the repeated production delays, but in the end, the product delivered met expectations for performance and quality. Looks like this will be a keeper.

Look forward to reading others' reviews.

Kostas (Gus)

Attachments

• IMG_20191228_142303.jpg
    IMG_20191228_142303.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
Top Bottom