What's new

Vintage Avon find

I was at flea market yesterday and got a new boxed golf club filled with deep woods and a shuton old spice, from the 60s. Got both for $1, the old spice was full, bottle was a little marked up.

Nice ! I never find that stuff at local flea markets . Not that I go to many but I’m in the north east and this stuff either isn’t popular or TOO popular and gets sold on day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was at flea market yesterday and got a new boxed golf club filled with deep woods and a shuton old spice, from the 60s. Got both for $1, the old spice was full, bottle was a little marked up.
I've got to post a pic, but I had a day like that recently. Felt like stealing, especially the Old Spice! No comparison to the stuff made today.

FarmerTan

Nice ! I never find that stuff at local flea markets . Not that I go to many but I’m in the north east and this stuff either isn’t popular or TOO popular and gets sold on day 1.

It's just weird how it works out my friend!

Found a Weather Station bottle full of Oland and a Spark Plug with Tai Winds for $15 over the weekend. A bit more than I like to spend, but - with shipping the way it's going - I thought it was worth it. I like Oland, and looking for a couple more spark plug bottles for a project. The store owner through in some stationary the wife had picked out for free, so, all in all I'm happy. Topped off my user bottles and re-arranged the Avon shelf to make it more "user" friendly.

And now I can wear Oland more often because I won't be worrying about running out of it!

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator

And now I can wear Oland more often because I won't be worrying about running out of it!

This. I sometimes think, "But Island Lime/Bravo etc. is rare and hard to come by! Better save it."

Then I realize I've got three ... of each ...

Slap that stuff on like there's no tomorrow!

AA

FarmerTan

This. I sometimes think, "But Island Lime/Bravo etc. is rare and hard to come by! Better save it."

Then I realize I've got three ... of each ...

Slap that stuff on like there's no tomorrow!

AA
Thanks for the permission! I can't possibly outlive my current hoard, yet I peruse the 'Bay and Goodwill all the time. And then ration out the stuff I do have as if I were Tom Hanks on a dessert island.

"Hi I'm Dave, and I have an Avon problem."

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thanks for the permission! I can't possibly outlive my current hoard, yet I peruse the 'Bay and Goodwill all the time. And then ration out the stuff I do have as if I were Tom Hanks on a dessert island.

"Hi I'm Dave, and I have an Avon problem."

There's no problem, only an appreciation for one of America's finest shave products!

AA

Omg the ASAD is so bad.

How would you guys describe Blend 7 ?

I picked up a bottle and smells really smokey , lots of tobacco ??

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Omg the ASAD is so bad.

How would you guys describe Blend 7 ?

I picked up a bottle and smells really smokey , lots of tobacco ??

Blend 7 is amazing (to me). Like Oland, it has what I call an "Ash note," not prominent but there. Hard to describe but I like it!

Give Blend 7 a try, for more on its components, Google that notes forum.

AA

Oh cr@p wife texted me today and said “did you buy a toy car online?”
She had opened my avon Volkswagen Beetle spicy brand new on box [emoji23]

Oh cr@p wife texted me today and said “did you buy a toy car online?”
She had opened my avon Volkswagen Beetle spicy brand new on box [emoji23]

My 4 year old grandson is enamored of the decanters and wants to play with them. I bought him the plastic batmobile bubble bath from Avon, but he still wants those aftershaves!

A few weeks back I bought a decanter shaped like a cathedral radio, new in box and full of Spicy, for $5. It was too warm to wear it then but fall has officially arrived here now so I got it out tonight and used it after my shave.

This stuff is not like Old Spice. There is no powder or floral in this at all. I smell like a pumpkin pie.

I think this will do nicely for the next month or so. Though the wife will probably throw a fit and complain that I smell old. :-\

I've been using the "new" bottle of Oland I just got. Man, that stuff must have percolated in the decanter some - it is so crisp and blunt! I like it!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I've been using the "new" bottle of Oland I just got. Man, that stuff must have percolated in the decanter some - it is so crisp and blunt! I like it!
... And my local Vintage Avon Lady has about five of those Liberty Bells full of Oland ...

AA

Though I've never seen it in the wild there's supposed to be an Oland cologne. Can't image how wonderful that stuff is - the aftershave is already pretty potent!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Though I've never seen it in the wild there's supposed to be an Oland cologne. Can't image how wonderful that stuff is - the aftershave is already pretty potent!

After one shave, I slapped on Wild Country ... And noticed it.

Examined the decanter; it was cologne ...which worked fine as aftershave ... If you like WC ... A lot.

AA

Top Bottom