What's new

Is Oneblade struggling ?

They’ve been recently doing a ton of sales where all razors but the Core were 50% off. They even doing sale of the day. Today I saw the Core was $19.99 . Is that a sign that they might be struggling a bit ? I remember they used to never do a sale except for Black Friday’s. It seems like they are taking the Jcrew approach of sale after sale ?

Last edited:
I don't know--but OneBlade is very much a niche market. Maybe they found the market saturation at the higher price points so they're trying to reach the next level down of consumer. I'd originally wanted to try one, but I got mad because I used to use those Feather blades in my Autostrop and I'd get 5-packs on the bay for about $1. OneBlade made a deal with Feather to have exclusive rights to sell those blades in the US and they promptly marked them up to $1/blade. It's anti-consumer and enough to prevent me from buying from them.

They’ve been recently doing a ton of sales where all razors but the Core were 50% off. They even doing sale of the day. Today I saw the Core was $19.99 . Is that a sign that they might be struggling a bit ? I remember they used to never do a sale except for Black Friday’s. It seems like they are taking the Jcrew approach of sale after sale ?
From more than $60 USD and a sale
Price that averages around $49.USD
To end up in a $19.99 sale, that sounds
Like Struggling to me.

Where did you see it for 19.99 their website shows 49.99?

They should have designed this to use injector or DE blades. Asking people to buy a blade that costs $1 per blade is not going to help growth. I could buy cartridges for less than that, and my injector blades cost 50 cents each at most.

I fell in love with it at first but then like I said, I got bored with it.
If shaving were not my hobby I would probably still be using one.
i just cant bring myself to pay 50 dollars plus shipping for it.. i looked for the 19.99 and havent found it. maybe one day i will find one cheap enough to try it in case i dont like it... i dont want to have a lot in it just in case i hate it........

They did it to themselves the moment they decide to use a proprietary blade. They even redesigned their razor to prevent from using another one without modification.

Sorry, but I couldn't care less. I sold my OneBlade a long time ago.

They did it to themselves the moment they decide to use a proprietary blade. They even redesigned their razor to prevent from using another one without modification.

I sold mine too. It is a good design but I think they just got greedy.

If I had a OneBlade I'd be lucky if they went out of business so Feather can go back to selling the 'proprietary' blade at more reasonable cost.

Like I mentioned above--the blade didn't used to be proprietary. OneBlade convinced Feather to give them exclusive rights to that blade in the US and then they jacked the price--leaving all of us who liked the Autostrop without blades unless we buy from them. If they are struggling--good--it means I should be able to get reasonably priced blades for my Autostrop collection again.

Like I mentioned above--the blade didn't used to be proprietary. OneBlade convinced Feather to give them exclusive rights to that blade in the US and then they jacked the price--leaving all of us who liked the Autostrop without blades unless we buy from them. If they are struggling--good--it means I should be able to get reasonably priced blades for my Autostrop collection again.
In addition to this, they created problems for the European owners of Autostrop and OneBlade razors. I couldn't buy FHS blades from Connaught that easily. I had to prove that there is no vendor that sells this in my country after Feather instructions to Connaught. I sold it and went back to shaving without monopolistic restrictions and instructions.

If you think of all these, their razors aren't worth the struggle.

i just cant bring myself to pay 50 dollars plus shipping for it.. i looked for the 19.99 and havent found it. maybe one day i will find one cheap enough to try it in case i dont like it... i dont want to have a lot in it just in case i hate it........
The ad just popped up on my social media feed. I can’t seem to recreate it ,but I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you .

Attachments

• BE84C1F0-407E-4140-8625-A65074D94285.png
    BE84C1F0-407E-4140-8625-A65074D94285.png
    413.1 KB · Views: 101
Top Bottom