What's new

Noob shaver, Blackland Blackbird review

Love my Blackbird. It's my daily shaver and by far the best performing razor I own. Like it so much I bought a second one just to be safe.

Love my Blackbird. It's my daily shaver and by far the best performing razor I own. Like it so much I bought a second one just to be safe.

Mine is fast becoming my favorite as well.

Something different about these razors compared to what I’d been using for sure.

7415D825-D60D-4876-AD6A-4B409F2B7ADA.jpeg

2nd Dart Shave today; this thing really is a great razor.

Still think it’s 2nd place compared to the Blackbird, but not by much. Still working on it, I think I can get it as efficient as the BB but we’ll see. Last couple shaves I’ve had to buff more on my trouble areas with this one than with the BB.

I will say that with both of these I can get the best 3 pass shaves I’ve ever had.

So much so that I’ve stopped doing 3 passes and switched to 2 (XTG and ATG) just so I know I can shave the next day.

I have the Blackland open comb Blackbird and I would call it the sportscar of the razors. It is nimble and purposeful and provides an unmatched BBS shave. For whatever reason, I try not to overthink it, the razor just cuts really well. Also, unlike some other "aggressive" razors I seemingly have not developed any weepers with this razor if used with a fairly new blade. My favorite blades to use with this razor are German Wilkinson Sword.

My other two favorite razors are the Blackland Dart and the Rex Ambassador. All three provide plenty of blade feel which I vastly prefer to my other razors which do not have this feedback.

proxy.php

Perfect shave. I'm not trying to fanboy or justify a purchase as I bought this used and paid less than half the cost of a new one.

It's just the best shave I've ever had. I don't even want to use any other razors anymore, even the Dart. Might chuck that and the Timeless up FS.

F20A638D-64C8-49EE-ADC6-D66715520034.jpeg

#11 in the books. Used new Wholly Kaw yesterday, T+S (also new) today.

Yesterday was sort of subpar, was thinking about it this morning and realized I was buffing way more than usual. Went back thru and realized I was on the original blade I’d stuck in there. 10 shaves, and only the last one wasn’t great lol

Think I’ll stick to 3-4 before I toss em.

New G Plat today, new soap too, good stuff. Awesome shave.

This is my new #1, sold the Dart yesterday and put my Timeless up FS last night. Don’t see any reason to keep them when all I want to use is the BB.

proxy.php

Shave #12....I think I can close this. It's gonna be one thing or the other apparently, either you love the BB or you hate it and off it for something else.

Interesting to me that it's so polarizing, when to me it's the best razor I've ever used.

Shave #12....I think I can close this. It's gonna be one thing or the other apparently, either you love the BB or you hate it and off it for something else.

Interesting to me that it's so polarizing, when to me it's the best razor I've ever used.

Polarizing? Who hates it? Did I miss something?

Or, are you talking about that Ouroboros in your pic?

Polarizing? Who hates it? Did I miss something?

Or, are you talking about that Ouroboros in your pic?

No no, man. Just different conversations with different people across different forums.

Seems people are pretty evenly split regarding the Blackbird....half the people love it and won’t shave with hardly anything else, the other half seems like they couldn’t get rid of it fast enough, you know what I mean?

I started this topic in hopes of helping someone make a decision; when it comes to buying a new razor I always come here first and read reviews....the ones that help me most are the ones where dude keeps continuing to use it and recording thoughts, problems, bad shaves and what not. Figured I could do the same with this thread.

Once I got it down I didn’t really want to use any other razors anymore...

No no, man. Just different conversations with different people across different forums.

Seems people are pretty evenly split regarding the Blackbird....half the people love it and won’t shave with hardly anything else, the other half seems like they couldn’t get rid of it fast enough, you know what I mean?

I started this topic in hopes of helping someone make a decision; when it comes to buying a new razor I always come here first and read reviews....the ones that help me most are the ones where dude keeps continuing to use it and recording thoughts, problems, bad shaves and what not. Figured I could do the same with this thread.

Once I got it down I didn’t really want to use any other razors anymore...

Gotcha. And, by the way, you did help someone make a decision....me! I used the 18% discount on Shane’s birthday to place a BB order. I know it was a good deal, so no buyer’s remorse there.....I’m just not convinced yet that it’ll be a good razor for me. Your thread here definitely makes me hopeful. Either way, I’m anxious to try it out. I hope he starts shipping those orders soon.

Top Bottom