What's new

Warmer scents for colder months?

Just received a bottle of Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods. Great scent, but not as warm and tobacco-y as I’d hoped. What’s a good scent which speaks “fall” or “winter,” like warm coffee on a cold morning, with flannel pajamas and a purring cat in your lap, gazing out the window at piles of red and yellow leaves?

Of course there is Old Spice Classic. But I have found a few which are nice cold weather aftershaves, but tobacco takes a back seat to spice accords. Lustray Spice, Stephans Spicy, and Master Topaz. For all I know there might be some tobacco scent in the Lustray and the Topaz. The Stephans doesn't have any tobacco to my knowledge. All three of these are large bottles at a reasonable price. And they all have that nice comforting wsrm air to them.

Tabac is always awesome in the winter. Vintage Old Spice, Paul Sebastian and Clubman Special Reserve are all up there as well.

If you are going for warm tobacco, try Puros by RazoRock. Amazing, rich humidor tobacco scent with real staying power.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just received a bottle of Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods. Great scent, but not as warm and tobacco-y as I’d hoped. What’s a good scent which speaks “fall” or “winter,” like warm coffee on a cold morning, with flannel pajamas and a purring cat in your lap, gazing out the window at piles of red and yellow leaves?

Bootlegger's Perfecto Maduro

Bootlegger's El Dorado

I should mention, Burberry London is my #2 cologne (Polo Red is #1). Burberry has a unique vetiver/ tobacco/ patchouli scent which is warm and distinctive. Kinda looking for this.

Just thought of another warm tobacco type aftershave while getting my fall and winter lotions out of the closet. It is called Cigar Aficianado. Comes in a black bottle, smells warm like pipe tobacco, and spicy/woody, like a humidor. Smells a bit like Burberry London cologne. Skin care with this lotion is adequate. I got mine from Fragrancex maybe two years ago, and it sold for maybe $12 for 3 ounces. You can likely find other vendors online.

WSP has a few I really like in the Fall/Winter: Tobacco (2nd to none IMO), Ol'Kentucky (like Clubman Whiskey, but stronger), Tobacco Vanilla, and Dragon's Blood (limited release). I also like Fine Santal Absolut, B&M Reserve Spice, and Clubman Brandy Spice. Stirling's Sandalwood and Haverford are also solid.

forget shaving, just get a cinnamon roll and a mug of coffee!!

old spice coffee mug.jpg

Stirling Gatlinburg.
I only have the soap but assuming the aftershave smells the same or very close, delightful in colder weather. Although I use the soap year round.

I have two Clubman scents, Bay Rum and Whiskey Woods. My wife refers to them both as “Grampa” scents, lol. I like them both, but she wants me to have something “younger.” Does that change anyone’s suggestions? :-D

Top Bottom