What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Thursday's Shave
'Wire & Bone'
DSCN2100.JPG

First shave with NOS Dorko 7/8: after a good stropping on linen and shell cordovan, I tried the factory edge, which gave me a barely passable shave. I'll take a look at the bevel under a loupe, then either refresh on 8, 12, and 20k synthetics, or start over and set a new bevel, depending on what I see.

9.20.19BlackBeauty.jpg

First shave with NOS Dorko 7/8: after a good stropping on linen and shell cordovan, I tried the factory edge, which gave me a barely passable shave. I'll take a look at the bevel under a loupe, then either refresh on 8, 12, and 20k synthetics, or start over and set a new bevel, depending on what I see.

Whoa, nice big Dorko, Richard! And, your SOTD is a much better basic black composition than another recent one I caught featuring an all black <gasp> DE! :001_005:

Taylor's today
IMG_20190921_105037-01.jpeg

Taylor's Eye Witness
Pacific Shaving Co. Natural
Omega 636

Tried the PSC Caffeinated a couple of days ago and the Natural today. Both samples seemed "small" but both produced plenty of lather for a full three passes. Both took more water than expected to get the right sheen, and the resulting lather was more "thin" than most others I have tried. That said, it was nice and slick and felt like good protection even for some under the chin buffing. Overall it was a really nice shave.

Of note: Both PSC samples rinsed off easier and more cleanly than most every other soap I've tried. Since I have a full-on post shave routine for skin care, that's actually preferable. For those that just splash and go this cream may not provide as much skin food as other creams or soaps.

Top Bottom