What's new

Worst Blade

Well, I'm a Graham Fields blade survivor, and that was pretty bad. I've never had much luck with Sharks either, nor the Merkur blades. I have been getting some good shaves with the white packaged Rockwell blades (the black packaging Rockwells got some bad press when they were out).

I do pretty well with most razor blades as long as they are sharp enough to slice through my coarse beard. The ones I have tried that won't do that are:
Merkur, VDH, Shark Super Chrome, and Derby Extra. I think Merkur and VDH may be the same "ice tempered" blade iion different packaging as they perform similarly. The runner up for me is Astra Superior Platinum. I can shave with it, but I have yet to have a comfortable shave with an SP; I need a sharper blade..

On the other hand, I like the new Shark Platinum blades. I also like Astra Superior Stainless blades. Both of these are much sharper than their cousins that do not work for me. I have not tried Derby Premium, but although it might be slightly sharper than the Extras, I do not think the difference is enough to make it worth trying them.

the only really tuggy, irritating blade I have used is the Voskhod, if I spelled it correctly. first one so bad I opened another pack and it was just as bad. I know many like them a lot but nothing I have tried is even close to as bad. I do like, or at least can get a decent shave from - Derby, Derby Prime, Shark, Merkur. Goes to show YMMV

What’s the worst blade anybody here has ever used and will probably never use again? I’m just curious!
BTW: Mine was Derby. Too dull for my beard.
+1 on the Graham Fields, along with Flying Eagle and Lan Fei blades.

However...if there was an open invitation for a group to try a known bad blade, and we were doing this together, and posting our experiences, I'd mostly likely join in. Have to say that it would actually be fun!!

PS. Early in my DE adventure, I didn't like Derby Extras, but find that they're ok now, not awesome, but not as horrible as I remember.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Here is one that will wrankle many of you. Bic Chrome. Tried one today in my Bevel razor. Two strokes and said no thanks. The Bevel is a mild shaver, but this felt like way too much blade feel and yet the two strokes were not close. I'm hoping a got a bum blade and will try one tomorrow to see if I confirm the same result.

Here is one that will wrankle many of you. Bic Chrome. Tried one today in my Bevel razor. Two strokes and said no thanks. The Bevel is a mild shaver, but this felt like way too much blade feel and yet the two strokes were not close. I'm hoping a got a bum blade and will try one tomorrow to see if I confirm the same result.

Now I was under the impression that those are exceptionally sharp blades. You'd think they'd cut.

Very funny. :biggrin1:
If he's serious, I'm right there as well. Polsilver Super Iridium blades rip up my face in horrible ways, like Voskhod also does to me. My wife loves them, but she can't stand Feather. I love Feather, but the Polsilver Super Iridium blades are one that I just can't use. I honestly can't explain why.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Derby from about eight years ago. Came packed with my R41. Painful pairing, to say the least.

Derby Premiums, OTOH, are fine blades that see a lot of use here.

puzzled by how opinions vary on blades. in the razor blade industry must be very lax quality control. tried several of the israeli red persona's, they tugged on stubble after first use. wilkinson's were okay for up to 4 shaves, before they began tugging. german made blades were satisfactory, but i am looking for less pricey blades. gillette nacent are doing well. still on my first.

The worst blade I ever used, and I don't mean single bad blade but tried a couple, was Balaka. I don't have an old box to show you and my memory of how it's spelled my be incorrect but it was in a green and white box with a drawing of a stork or some such bird in flight. Second worst were Feathers. I had Great Expectations and it was soooo bad and got noticeably worse halfway through the second shave. Yes, I gave it a second chance .

Flying Eagle from China, or as I renamed it, Flying Eagle $h!@. So bad it make Derby feel like a GSB.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Top Bottom