What's new

Vintage Avon find

I hand mixed Avon Bay Rum and Island Lime on one forearm. Also Spicy with Island Lime on the other forearm. I really liked the combo of lime with the bay rum or spicy. I can imagine it might smell even better if i mixed them into a bottle and let it sit for a week like you do with bootleggers.

@TheVez2 what do you think of avon excalibur and leather?

Walked into a pawn shop that's closing up shop and happened upon a whole box of Avon decanters! Most were empty, but managed to snag a '51 Studebaker full of Spicy and a pick-up with some Deep Woods. For a buck a piece I was able to add to my stash!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Walked into a pawn shop that's closing up shop and happened upon a whole box of Avon decanters! Most were empty, but managed to snag a '51 Studebaker full of Spicy and a pick-up with some Deep Woods. For a buck a piece I was able to add to my stash!
Always worth it!

AA

We hit a few antique store over the last three days while me and the wife were on our anniversary I had a good haul here what I got:
FE2F92FA-C282-4FCA-9DF8-4315D05B081F.jpeg

All of the are new in the box 100%full
CDFD28C9-1A4E-4A09-9854-647590C5E7A0.jpeg

Tai winds bull Full
C909CB43-AB5D-4539-9A2F-0283D9CBB354.jpeg

Deep woods train and car both full
0D39B5B6-A5B8-4606-B05E-A21118FC491A.jpeg

Elephant bottle and 4 other bottles all wild country full or pretty much full
A7BD61FD-2314-4888-A414-6F4C3ADDF5D0.jpeg

Pipe and stein are tribute pipe is around 50% stein is full
5DE4AF34-6838-4944-B562-09874B07937B.jpeg

Brocade is pretty much full it is a spray
EEE45082-981F-43B5-8481-3A5BA5D4E061.jpeg

Silver car is Everest and is full
E1583F43-DCA2-4024-A182-F89CEC12A8D1.jpeg

Green bottle is Avon Captain’s choice its a little over 50% this is a great scent
C673FB1F-8406-4C8F-8CB6-6E8D7EABC307.jpeg
boat is spicy and it’s full

Also picked up some vintage female scents for my wife from Avon that we’re open full bottles

Ad Astra

The Instigator
We hit a few antique store over the last three days while me and the wife were on our anniversary I had a good haul here what I got:
View attachment 1018781
All of the are new in the box 100%fullView attachment 1018789
Tai winds bull FullView attachment 1018788
Deep woods train and car both fullView attachment 1018787
Elephant bottle and 4 other bottles all wild country full or pretty much fullView attachment 1018786
Pipe and stein are tribute pipe is around 50% stein is fullView attachment 1018785
Brocade is pretty much full it is a sprayView attachment 1018784
Silver car is Everest and is fullView attachment 1018783
Green bottle is Avon Captain’s choice its a little over 50% this is a great scentView attachment 1018782 boat is spicy and it’s full

Also picked up some vintage female scents for my wife from Avon that we’re open full bottles

Very VERY cool!

Wow, I have only seen some of those in the book!

Avon = always worth snagging. (I would know; I now have two whole boxes of the stuff ...)

AA

I have picked up a number of Avon scents recently. I really like their Spicy, and Bay Rum. The Island Lime is growing on me. I even like their Oland although ive only sniffed it from the bottle i havent used it yet.

Now i want to collect them all. D*mn you B&B!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have picked up a number of Avon scents recently. I really like their Spicy, and Bay Rum. The Island Lime is growing on me. I even like their Oland although ive only sniffed it from the bottle i havent used it yet.

Now i want to collect them all. D*mn you B&B!

Oland may be their best; except for *maybe* Tai Winds ... and Leather ... and Blend 7, of course.

And Wild Country; really everyone says that's their best. Except for Everest, a collector's favorite. Just like Island Lime, which is also essential.

Well. Spicy is really the one that's essential ... and if you're lucky, their old Bay Rum in the brown barrel. I have that.

Oh. But if you don't have Windjammer, well. You don't have any Avon.

AA

Oland may be their best; except for *maybe* Tai Winds ... and Leather ... and Blend 7, of course.

And Wild Country; really everyone says that's their best. Except for Everest, a collector's favorite. Just like Island Lime, which is also essential.

Well. Spicy is really the one that's essential ... and if you're lucky, their old Bay Rum in the brown barrel. I have that.

AA
hahaha, thats frighteningly accurate.

Does anyone have experience with Avon sports rally bracing motion ? . Is it any good ? What does it smell like?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Does anyone have experience with Avon sports rally bracing motion ? . Is it any good ? What does it smell like?

Thanks

Yes. I got the blue Formula One with it.

Hard to explain. Bit like Excalibur... Let me check it and get back.

AA

AA

Fragrantica lists 14 different Avon mens' aftershave scents introduced from 1960 to 1979, and didn't include Island Lime or Bay Rum. So I guess that's how many you have to chase. :)

I have three, new in box and full, acquired last month, for a total of $16. Wild Country in a Wild West cartridge, Tai Winds in the station wagon and Spicy in a radio. I like them all

I wish could find some island lime bay rum and blend 7 I say several empty bottles but in time hopefully I will find some full ones

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes. I got the blue Formula One with it.

Hard to explain. Bit like Excalibur... Let me check it and get back.

AA
Yeah, I've got some in a football. Can't remember what it smells like. I remember that I liked it, but that's all.

The only ones I think are "must haves" is Bay Rum and Blend 7.

Bay Rum just because it has no peers today, and Blend 7 ...... just because. I could see James Bond wearing it as comfortably as Jethro Gibbs.

I need to pick up some blend 7 and Everest . I have quite a few already that I bought in the last few weeks

I have

Bay rum
Island lime
Spicy
Oland
Wild country
Tai wings
Deep woods

Funny thing is I got my wife into it she likes a lot of the vintage female fragrances she bought around 16 full bottles for her self there are 2 scent she wants we didn’t find full bottles of

Top Bottom