What's new

What's your signature scent?

I don't have a signature scent! What I do have, is a like for most anything from Penhaligon's! English Fern is a favorite and I am currently wearing Racquets which I quite like but they don't make it anymore! Quercus, Castile, Duoro, LP No. 9, Opus 1870, Eau Sans Pareil, Sartorial and a few others are ones I am fortunate to have in my collection. I wear one for a while then move on to another either when the bottle is empty or the mood strikes me!

Couple favorites here,

Modern:
Neeham's Bay Rhum
Tom Ford Oud
Tom Ford Leather

Vintage:
MONSIEUR ROCHAS VINTAGE MEN's EDT Concentrate
" " " A/S
Caribe (Bermuda)
Royall Lyme (Bermuda)
Royall Bay Rhum "

Not "signature" scents but seasonal.

Do you have one? Do you like to mix it up? Are you into the latest fragrances or prefer the classics? Less expensive or the ones that cost the big bucks? I'm curious to see what you guys favor!
I like to mix it up but if I had to pick only one to wear, I'd have to go with Creed "Royal Mayfair".

HALLS_CREED_Royal-Mayfair.jpg

So many that I like. If I had to pare it down:

Cool weather: Knize Ten, GFT Eucris
Warm weather: Acqua Di Parma Colonia, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

I’d be interested in hearing you describe this one, if you could?
All IMO of course... I went in on a group buy of a flacon of this when it first came out as a limited edition scent under the name "Windsor" and loved it from first try. As my small bottle slowly disappeared, I lamented the fact that once it was gone I'd probably never be able to get more. I was extremely happy when Creed announced they would be bringing it back under the current name.

This is a very "bright" scent. The gin and pine notes hit immediately upon spray. As it develops, the rose subtly emerges. Eucalyptus and cedar comprise most of the base notes with (to me) light orange blossom which contrasts nicely.

Now normally this scent would not be "old man" enough for me. However, this is such a well-constructed frag that it now has a permanent place in my rotation.

Also this is an Eau de Parfum so a little will go a long way. Projection and sillage are moderate. It's "there" but it wont announce itself across a room. A very elegant and refined frag IMO.

Thank you for this! I have been interested in this one for a while. Seems like this is one of the only current Creeds shops near me don’t stock.

Might have to get a sample from them direct :)

All IMO of course... I went in on a group buy of a flacon of this when it first came out as a limited edition scent under the name "Windsor" and loved it from first try. As my small bottle slowly disappeared, I lamented the fact that once it was gone I'd probably never be able to get more. I was extremely happy when Creed announced they would be bringing it back under the current name.

This is a very "bright" scent. The gin and pine notes hit immediately upon spray. As it develops, the rose subtly emerges. Eucalyptus and cedar comprise most of the base notes with (to me) light orange blossom which contrasts nicely.

Now normally this scent would not be "old man" enough for me. However, this is such a well-constructed frag that it now has a permanent place in my rotation.

Also this is an Eau de Parfum so a little will go a long way. Projection and sillage are moderate. It's "there" but it wont announce itself across a room. A very elegant and refined frag IMO.

That sounds pretty nice! I put my money into collecting as many inexpensive classics as I could, so I don't have anything more expensive than 50$. I don't really know what $250 gets you, but I imagine it's a composition of bold, naturalistic essential oils that last pretty well. I hope you enjoy it!

Not big on scents anymore, and my current gf is pretty sensitive.

Imaginary Authors’ Memoirs of a Trespasser is my go to “warm” or out on the town scent.
TOBS Eton College AS for work generally.
Royall Lime often in the summer.
A sampler of Musgo Real was pleasing to me.
Speick AS after a bad shave, but I’m not a big fan of the scent

I own a lot of them and still end up buying more to try. Lol. But the one I wear most is YSL La Nuit De L'Homme. It has got me the most unsolicited compliments of anything else.

It was Creed Green Irish Tweed for seven or eight years. I’m now wearing L.T. Piver Eau pour Homme.

I’m an old-school kinda guy. Having grown up in the 80’s, i stuck with the older stuff. My go-to’s are usually Drakkar Noir and Brut. I love them! I do have some newer colognes, but love these classics! Fab

Polo Double Black. Worn it for years but now looking around since started DE shaving. Feel should possibly use something closer to the scents in the shave creams I am trying.

Tom ford tobacco vanille for fall and winter. Floris 89 for spring and summer.

I really want a sample of Tom Ford tobacco vanille. I have what's supposed to be a clone but no stores here sell the tom Ford one so have no idea if it's a good clone. I absolutely love the clone I have and will keep buying it. But if Tom Ford smells good I may save up for a bottle.

I really want a sample of Tom Ford tobacco vanille. I have what's supposed to be a clone but no stores here sell the tom Ford one so have no idea if it's a good clone. I absolutely love the clone I have and will keep buying it. But if Tom Ford smells good I may save up for a bottle.

Well, Tom Ford's TV is incredibly long lasting so it's worth the money. It's a fairly aggressive projection as well so you don't need to use much.

Top Bottom