What's new

Shave Oils - Taking Requests

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've been using Alonzo's for a few weeks, now, and I love it. I may have a hard time going back to my creams.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I've been using Alonzo's for a few weeks, now, and I love it. I may have a hard time going back to my creams.
Awesome. That is one of the ones on my list. Which one did you get? Could you provide details about its performance?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
@CzechCzar, it's just the regular shaving oil for men. I don't quite know what to say about it, other than it works as least as well as anything else I've ever used and without any lathering or reapplication between passes. I do splash a little water on my face between passes, and I might dip my fingers into my rinse water if I feel like I'm drying out, but I think I might just be doing that to make myself feel better.

It feels a bit like the razor is dragging, but I wind up with a very comfortable DFS. No one has been more shocked than me.

I also like how easy it is to travel with. It's a tiny, 2 ounce bottle, and no brush is needed. I don't know how long this bottle will last, but it will be a good while.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
@CzechCzar, it's just the regular shaving oil for men. I don't quite know what to say about it, other than it works as least as well as anything else I've ever used and without any lathering or reapplication between passes. I do splash a little water on my face between passes, and I might dip my fingers into my rinse water if I feel like I'm drying out, but I think I might just be doing that to make myself feel better.

It feels a bit like the razor is dragging, but I wind up with a very comfortable DFS. No one has been more shocked than me.

I also like how easy it is to travel with. It's a tiny, 2 ounce bottle, and no brush is needed. I don't know how long this bottle will last, but it will be a good while.
Thanks very much for the information. Looking forward to trying this!

The best is:

1- Truefitt and Hill $30 can get it for $19 on sale

2-Antica Barberia $15

3-Alonzo’s for about $5 on sale

Truefitt is easily the best I’ve ever tried. Antica is very similar in scent and color but slightly less viscous than Truefitt. Alonzo’s also has similar scent and color with a slightly higher viscosity than Truefitt. If you can afford it, get Truefitt. If not, you will not complain at all about Alonzo’s for the price and it’s still pretty close to Truefitt and Antica in all aspects. I tried AOS once and it was like slathering molasses on my face. Maybe they changed their formula since but every shave product of theirs that I tried was always significantly inferior to the best available.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
So, I ordered a bunch of shave oils.

King of Shaves Men's Advanced Shaving Oil for Sensitive Skin 0.6 floz - Twin Pack
Somersets Tough Stubble Shave Oil for Men
Alonzo's Natural Shaving Oil for Men - Pre Shave, After Shave, Beard Oil for Face Body & Head - 2 oz
Thrive Natural Shave Oil for Men, 2 Ounces (60mL) - Replaces Pre-Shave Oils, Shaving Creams, Gels, and Foams - Shaving Oil Made in USA with Organic &

When the oils came and I saw how much was actually there, I just could not justify the expenditure for the small amount of product I actually got.

Two oils were significantly cheaper: Tree Hut Bare Moisturizing Oil, and Italian Barber Lime Oil.

These are both very good products, with the slight edge going to the italian barber product.

Tree Hut washes off the razor easily. However, it just does not get me as close as a traditional soap or cream. I'll definitely use it, but I won't be purchasing again.

The Italian Barber lime shave oil is magnificent. One of the best products I have ever tried. Pure oils usually don't provide that much slickness. The lime shave oil provided enough to shave off multiple days growth with no discomfort. It smells great. It gets me as close a shave as I have ever had. The absolute best part is, washing my face off doesn't cause discomfort or burning. Normally when I use a traditional shave product, when washing off after the third pass, it hurts just a bit. Not so with the lime shave oil.

My one issue is that the razor, when I take it apart, is oily. Who would have thought? No biggie. The oil actually is likely protective against rust. At least that is what I will tell myself.

I strongly recommend the IB lime shave oil. It's simply great.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ballistol! :a39:

But just splashing water on your face, while the sink fills with water, does the same thing as all these gunky oils.

AA

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I've used Shave Secret, like from Walmart....years ago. Not bad but no where luxurious. I'm into luxurious wherever I can find it at a fair price.

So, I ordered a bunch of shave oils.

King of Shaves Men's Advanced Shaving Oil for Sensitive Skin 0.6 floz - Twin Pack
Somersets Tough Stubble Shave Oil for Men
Alonzo's Natural Shaving Oil for Men - Pre Shave, After Shave, Beard Oil for Face Body & Head - 2 oz
Thrive Natural Shave Oil for Men, 2 Ounces (60mL) - Replaces Pre-Shave Oils, Shaving Creams, Gels, and Foams - Shaving Oil Made in USA with Organic &

When the oils came and I saw how much was actually there, I just could not justify the expenditure for the small amount of product I actually got.

Two oils were significantly cheaper: Tree Hut Bare Moisturizing Oil, and Italian Barber Lime Oil.

These are both very good products, with the slight edge going to the italian barber product.

Tree Hut washes off the razor easily. However, it just does not get me as close as a traditional soap or cream. I'll definitely use it, but I won't be purchasing again.

The Italian Barber lime shave oil is magnificent. One of the best products I have ever tried. Pure oils usually don't provide that much slickness. The lime shave oil provided enough to shave off multiple days growth with no discomfort. It smells great. It gets me as close a shave as I have ever had. The absolute best part is, washing my face off doesn't cause discomfort or burning. Normally when I use a traditional shave product, when washing off after the third pass, it hurts just a bit. Not so with the lime shave oil.

My one issue is that the razor, when I take it apart, is oily. Who would have thought? No biggie. The oil actually is likely protective against rust. At least that is what I will tell myself.

I strongly recommend the IB lime shave oil. It's simply great.
One of my favorites too. Pairing it with their evil eye lime aftershave is nice also.

Have you tried shave secret? Only $3.48 at Walmart and it is good stuff.

Top Bottom