What's new

Your Most Efficient Razor?

What razor, DE or SE (but not straight) is your most efficient? And by efficient I simply mean what razor gives you the closest shave with your normal (1, 2, 3 or 4 pass shave)?

The Blackland Vector with a Feather Super Pro blade. Quite an aggressive combination, but very efficient and not at all hard to handle. BBS with two passes and minor touch-up.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
R41 with upgraded handle - step up from the above in efficiency. I also have a Karve OC E plate which is pretty efficient with a Nacet, in the same ballpark.
My r41 is very efficient. I took off points for comfort. That's just me. What handle did you upgrade too?

What razor, DE or SE (but not straight) is your most efficient? And by efficient I simply mean what razor gives you the closest shave with your normal (1, 2, 3 or 4 pass shave)?
Name a razor more efficient and effective than a Old Type, 102 thin cap, and you might have your answer. Personally, I believe the 102 wins, hands down.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE razor it would be Gillette NEW long comb or Razorock German 37 slant razor. They Always hits my sweet spot CCS,DFS,BBS range I like.
SE razor it would be a Schick E2 injector or a GEM 1912 they always hits my sweet spot also with good blade life on either one with Gem winning for cost per shave with the GEM Personna SS PTFE Blade.(I'm testing the Personna injector coated blade also and it is very similar to the GEM blade)
These razors might not be best choice for daily shaving if that is your needs!

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Reactions: bjm

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Toss-up between my Blackland Blackbird and my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB. The only difference is the amount of blade feel.

My r41 is very efficient. I took off points for comfort. That's just me. What handle did you upgrade too?

I made four identical aluminium handles with brass inserts. 89x16mm and 61g. Really like the feel and balance.

AJ Alu.jpg

Right now with 6 shaves on it is my new Karve brass SB with C plate. Followed closely by my other new razor the GC .84. Excellent razors for me. Very happy with my purchase.

Top Bottom