What's new

Timeless Razor Blue Shaving Bowl is the best $12 you'll spend on gear

I find the sides a bit high and steep for my liking, as far as lathering goes. I use it to hold soap samples in under my sink and will occasionally also use it for soaking a couple razors in soapy water. Decent enough bowl for $12.

I know what you mean. the sides do taper out but my hand felt cramped in the bowl. Maybe I just have to get use to it. If the side was about 3/4 of an inch shorter I think it would be better. I'll give it another go tomorrow and try using my La Toja cream.
The Pereira's bowl is about the same height but slightly wider so there is more hand room. And I have small hands too.
Here are the Pereria's bowl and the Timeless side by side. (not my picture. I borrowed it from another post.) Not sure which one I like best yet.

bowls .jpg

Last edited:
I know what you mean. the sides do taper out but my hand felt cramped in the bowl. Maybe I just have to get use to it. If the side was about 3/4 of an inch shorter I think it would be better. I'll give it another go tomorrow and try using my La Toja cream.
The Pereira's bowl is about the same height but slightly wider so there is more hand room. And I have small hands too.
Here are the Pereria's bowl and the Timeless side by side. (not my picture. I borrowed it from another post.) Not sure which one I like best yet.

View attachment 1016168
I saw this bowl posted when it released not too long ago. It's pretty awesome looking.

Unfortunately, if I recall correctly, the price tag is around double the cost of the timeless. I just couldn't get myself to spend that for handle and maybe slightly different dimensions.

I hope they see what they are competing against and adjust their price. One can have dreams. [emoji16]

Edit: I stand corrected, it's over double... $35.99 (plus shipping).

I saw this bowl posted when it released not too long ago. It's pretty awesome looking.

I just couldn't get myself to spend that for handle and maybe slightly different dimensions.
[emoji16]

There may be a small difference in size but it makes a big difference in performance as far as room for your hand and brush go. The verdict is still not out. I want to give the Timeless another go today and see if I just have to get use to it.

There may be a small difference in size but it makes a big difference in performance as far as room for your hand and brush go. The verdict is still not out. I want to give the Timeless another go today and see if I just have to get use to it.
Hmm. That's not fair, now I'm reconsidering my thoughts that it's too much. [emoji16]

Please do let us know what you think between the two after all of your tests. I might have to jump in and try one. I'll hate myself later, but Bowl Aquisition Disorder is the one I haven't yet had... Time to step up my game. Lol.

Hmm. That's not fair, now I'm reconsidering my thoughts that it's too much. [emoji16]

Please do let us know what you think between the two after all of your tests. I might have to jump in and try one. I'll hate myself later, but Bowl Aquisition Disorder is the one I haven't yet had... Time to step up my game. Lol.

When I first saw the price on the Pereira bowl I thought it was on the high side, even more than the Fine bowl.
(Fine bowl $25.00 Pereira's $30.00)
I'm very optimistic about the Timeless bowl. At first glance I loved it. I'm going to do a test lather very soon today. I'll post here how I make out.

Hmm. That's not fair, now I'm reconsidering my thoughts that it's too much.
proxy.php

I have the Timeless and it is great. No issues whatsoever with my hand fitting in the bowl. Seriously, this is not an issue unless you have catcher's mitts for hands. I ordered and returned the Pereira because it is too big. The picture above doesn't show it, but the Timeless will fit inside the Pereira. I have normal sized hands (Large golf glove) and the Pereira is almost too big to hold comfortably. The good news is you can return the Pereira if like me you think its too big. My only complaint with the Timeless is it only comes in blue.

This is the way I hold the Pereia bowl. I believe to be the correct way. And I have small hands. Smaller than average.

View attachment 1016231
I really, really wanted to love the Pereira, but to me it felt like I was holding a frying pan compared to the Timeless which is the right size for me. Yours does look very comfortable in your hand. I think it is a very fine line with the lather bowl being too small or too big. I think if I never owned the Timeless, I would have loved the Pereira. It's funny how that is sometimes. Great post nonetheless.

Yeah, the geometry of the Timeless bowl is just not conducive to building a lather, in my opinion. The high sides and especially the sharp angles where the sides meet the bottom make it more clunky than it needs to be. I like the ridges on the bottom, but you can find those in a nice rounded bottom lather bowl with a 5-6” diameter that I find just works a lot better. Kind of like the one you just pif’d, although I realize that was ceramic and the unbreakable nature of the Timeless bowl appeals to you. Also, the bright blue color makes it look like something you’d find in one of your kitchen cabinets. I guess that’s why I keep mine under my bathroom sink. It does work well as a storage bowl for my soap samples, or a soaking bowl for razor cleaning.

Yeah, the geometry of the Timeless bowl is just not conducive to building a lather, in my opinion. The high sides and especially the sharp angles where the sides meet the bottom make it more clunky than it needs to be. I like the ridges on the bottom, but you can find those in a nice rounded bottom lather bowl with a 5-6” diameter that I find just works a lot better. Kind of like the one you just pif’d, although I realize that was ceramic and the unbreakable nature of the Timeless bowl appeals to you. Also, the bright blue color makes it look like something you’d find in one of your kitchen cabinets. I guess that’s why I keep mine under my bathroom sink. It does work well as a storage bowl for my soap samples, or a soaking bowl for razor cleaning.

I don't mine the way it looks, I kind of like it. A simple form. I have in the pass thought about a round bottom verses a flat bottom and I don't think that it amounts to anything.

I've actually been thinking of drilling a hole in the top of my Timeless, to hang it from a hook. I worry about residual damage from a botched job. I'm still deciding if I even want that. Lol.

Here is a lather shot from my test lather I just did. This time I used my Whipped Dog 24 mm knot brush instead of my RazoRock 26 mm knot brush. I liked it much better. So IMO if you keep the bush knot at 24 mm or less it should be just fine. I will try the 26 mm one more time just to make sure it's not just me.

Lather_Timeless.JPG

Ha. I didn’t say you couldn’t build a lather in it. Heck, I could build a decent lather in a mason jar if I had to. Just wouldn’t be the most enjoyable one.

Ha. I didn’t say you couldn’t build a lather in it. Heck, I could build a decent lather in a mason jar if I had to. Just wouldn’t be the most enjoyable one.

No one is saying you can't make lather. I just wanted to try it again with a smaller brush to see what it would be like. It could be the brush size or I'm getting use to the bowl already. After the next lather test I'll know for sure which bowl I like best. Or I should say I'll know if I really like the Timeless. I think I will.

I have the Timeless and it is great. No issues whatsoever with my hand fitting in the bowl. Seriously, this is not an issue unless you have catcher's mitts for hands. I ordered and returned the Pereira because it is too big. The picture above doesn't show it, but the Timeless will fit inside the Pereira. I have normal sized hands (Large golf glove) and the Pereira is almost too big to hold comfortably. The good news is you can return the Pereira if like me you think its too big. My only complaint with the Timeless is it only comes in blue.

My only complaint with the Timeless is that it has no lid. Does anyone have a lid solution for this bowl, preferably one that allows the bowl to be stacked, with the lid attached (not simply resting on top)?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
My only complaint with the Timeless is that it has no lid. Does anyone have a lid solution for this bowl, preferably one that allows the bowl to be stacked, with the lid attached (not simply resting on top)?
Why do you need a lid ?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I really like My Timeless bowl, I can and I do use up to a 28mm Badger. Here is a picture of a 24mm and a 26mm brush that I used this morning . I put a small fingernail size dollop of soap in the bottom and was able to load both Brushes
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190912083827565_COVER.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190912083819575.jpg

Top Bottom