What's new

Recommend a cooling mentholated shaving cream

Queen Charlotte Soaps Vostok shaving cream. This was an amazing cream that would freeze your face. One of my favorites. To bad there not around and and I didn't stock up. It's been warm here in southern California and really wish I had some. :a52:

sounds right up my alley….are they not trading any more?
The website takes you to a contact page. The last I heard they were still taking orders before they shut down and I didn't jump on. I think I will send them an email and see if I can still get a couple of creams from them to at least know. You should try contacting them as well.

Menthol creams I love are as follows:

Palmolive Menthol (my favorite and it's really cold)
Egyptian Ingram (colder than the UK version)
Lea Menthol (excellent lather and very cooling. More than Proraso Green)
Godrej Menthol Mist (very cooling)
European Gillette Menthol (very cooling)
Arko Ice Mint (a very nice middle-of-the-road menthol sensation)
Top Ten Sensitive (A fabulous Bulgarian cream with plenty of menthol)
Bozzano Sensitive (Pretty cooling with a strong eucalyptus scent. Made in Brazil)
Derbylux (made in Hungary, smells, lathers awesome and quite cooling)

Well, looking for mentholated creams is now my newest shaving obsession, inspired by this thread. And whenever I try other creams I long for the kicks!

In my den currently I love Proraso Green and the TOBS Peppermint is REALLY growing on me. On top, I've currently got Stirling Orange Chill and Lemon Glacial sitting in customs, ordered directly from the US based on raving reviews. Shipping costs equal the cost of the creams. :crying::w00t: But can't wait to try them out!

Speick has a nice spicy fragrance that feels minty. Certainly feels more minty to me than my Green Proraso which i also like a lot. A few drops of Tea Tree Oil in any neutral soap is a nice touch too.

Apparently I'm destined to dabble in Frankensoaps. I like the Proraso Green Preshave, but it needs MORE menthol. I've got some menthol crystals & made up a batch of some really great afterrshave balm, so now I'm not afraid to dabble more in menthol.
Lea Sticks and Williams Pucks arrive this week & I may break out the grater & do a Williams Menthol vs Lea Menthol, or maybe a menthol blend of both soaps.

More to come ...

I love menthol creams. Here are the ones I've tried and loved over the years.

1. Egyptian Ingram
2. Godrej Menthol Mist
3. Lea Menthol
4. Palmolive Menthol
5. Lord Emofresh
6. Arko Ice Mint
7. Tet-a-Tet
8. Gada Cool Mint.
9. Proraso Green.
10. Top Ten Sensitive.

I love menthol creams. Here are the ones I've tried and loved over the years.

1. Egyptian Ingram
2. Godrej Menthol Mist
3. Lea Menthol
4. Palmolive Menthol
5. Lord Emofresh
6. Arko Ice Mint
7. Tet-a-Tet
8. Gada Cool Mint.
9. Proraso Green.
10. Top Ten Sensitive.

Wow, these are all creams I have and love also except for the Proraso Green. Just out of idle curiosity, how did you get the Gada Cool Mint? It’s not available in the US as far as I know.

Rick

Wow, these are all creams I have and love also except for the Proraso Green. Just out of idle curiosity, how did you get the Gada Cool Mint? It’s not available in the US as far as I know.

Rick
A very close friend of mine lives in Montreal and sent me a few tubes, several years ago. I took a long break from shaving because I've been experimenting with my facial hair. So I dug out a lot of my old gear and found the Gada tubes. It's a shame it's not more available for us because I would rank it above most of the heavy hitters everyone is familiar with.

A very close friend of mine lives in Montreal and sent me a few tubes, several years ago. I took a long break from shaving because I've been experimenting with my facial hair. So I dug out a lot of my old gear and found the Gada tubes. It's a shame it's not more available for us because I would rank it above most of the heavy hitters everyone is familiar with.

The Gada creams are very popular anywhere with large Lebanese communities, especially Montreal and Ottawa. I’ve been sending these creams literally all over Europe, North and South America, and even South Africa and every guy who received them from me raves about them.

Rick

The Gada creams are very popular anywhere with large Lebanese communities, especially Montreal and Ottawa. I’ve been sending these creams literally all over Europe, North and South America, and even South Africa and every guy who received them from me raves about them.

Rick
Woww Gada cool mint sounds like something I would like to try.. after all I'm a menthol frick :thumbsup:

Top Bottom