What's new

Post the brush(es) on its way to your den.

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Chief inspired Rudy Vey provided blank with 24mm shavemac 2 band badger.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Chief inspired Rudy Vey provided blank with 24mm shavemac 2 band badger.
proxy.php

Very nice. You will love the Shavemac 2 band knot. One of my favorite knots, just a small margin behind Declaration B6.

proxy.php

Wow that is a cool looking brush but blue is my favorite color. Let is know what you think about it after you get it.
Happy shaves
SMURF

A Muhle STF XL knot set in a WW handle. I couldn't compete with all the amazing
handle colours that most guys pick and Ive always wanted something simple, understated and classic
so I went with this. It looks absolutely stunning to me.

DSC06063.jpg

handle colours that most guys pick and Ive always wanted something simple, understated and classic

View attachment 1015605
I was gonna say that the handle looks like a Wolf Whiskers brush. When did Muhle start making nice brush handles? haha. It was indeed WW.

View attachment 1015605

That is a clean, classy handle. Congrats, and enjoy it!

The restored Rubberset arrived. I like the look of this combo. I’ll give this a try tonight.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After discovering that the knot on my my most loved brush, a Biber "Rein Dachs" (literally "pure badger" in German) from the 70s - which I bought more or less by accident with a lot of shaving stuff in NOS condition from ebay - is starting to disintegrate progressively after approx. 10 years of regular use I broke down and ordered a Simpsons...

So awaiting a Simpsons Special S1 in best badger.

I just bought a Rick Montalvo handle from Wolf Whiskers and Peter is setting a Silvertip knot for me. He is a really pleasant gentleman to deal with. I can't wait to get it into my hands.

Here's a couple pics of a custom Ainsworth I asked for. 28mm manchurian fan knot. I wanted to maintain an old school look, and I think it came out great. Can't wait to see it
10931e.jpg
10931a.jpg

Attachments

• 10931a.jpg
    10931a.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 12
WOW. Looks great. How is the face feel?

Awesome. Here was my short review in the APShave thread earlier today.....

Holy cow, this Gealousy knot is amazing. Having never experienced gel tips on a badger brush before, I’m blown away by the feel of this thing. Really cool...unbelievably soft, yet good backbone (I don’t find mine floppy at all). I will tell you, though, if you’re trying to decide between the 24mm and 28mm....unless they sent me the wrong size by mistake, the 24mm that I got is a HUGE knot. If I were doing it over, I’d be tempted to go with the 22mm instead. I know some posters have talked about buying the Gealousy knot to set in their own handle, but I bought the full brush with the limited edition faux horn beehive handle, and I really like the handle as well as the knot. Just a fantastic brush so far.

Here's a couple pics of a custom Ainsworth I asked for. 28mm manchurian fan knot. I wanted to maintain an old school look, and I think it came out great. Can't wait to see it View attachment 1016382 View attachment 1016383

That is definitely a classy looking brush, I think I looks great. Elite razor makes beautiful handles and have good knots too.
Hope you enjoy your new brush and let us know how you like it when you get it.
Happy shaves
SMURF

Top Bottom