What's new

Classic Shaving Enoch AC Razor Experience

Ordered one of these a couple weeks ago. Curious if any of the prior orders have arrived yet and certainly would appreciate everyone's experience with it. As others have said, resembles a couple other razors, but what I really want to know is if the shave is similar to the original Cobra.

Also ordered one, but no Enoch yet. I am quite sure you will see a flurry of activity on this site when and if they start shipping.

It was mentioned on another forum that the razors will be in very soon. The heads were re-worked so the Proline blades would fit.

It was mentioned on another forum that the razors will be in very soon. The heads were re-worked so the Proline blades would fit.
Well that's good. Now if the price stopped bouncing up and down....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So, for anyone that ordered and hasn't seen the announcement (or, anyone that's just curious), looks like there's an issue. From what I understood, the threads on the razor aren't for standard handles and would likely lead to stripping. No funny ideas, not the good kind.

Also sounds like they're looking at ways to make it up to the folks that stick with it (choice of ~$50 "gift") or refund to whoever wants. Seems like they're handling it fairly and may have learned a lesson or two from last couple years.

So, for anyone that ordered and hasn't seen the announcement (or, anyone that's just curious), looks like there's an issue. From what I understood, the threads on the razor aren't for standard handles and would likely lead to stripping. No funny ideas, not the good kind.

Also sounds like they're looking at ways to make it up to the folks that stick with it (choice of ~$50 "gift") or refund to whoever wants. Seems like they're handling it fairly and may have learned a lesson or two from last couple years.
Where did you see the announcement? I have an order in for the Enoch, but I haven't heard anything from Classic Shaving. I also just checked the Classic Shaving site and didn't see anything about a delay.

If you go to the Classic Shaving web site and search for Enoch, you will see a video of the recent setback on the Enoch razor. I believe they are sincere in what they are saying.

If you go to the Classic Shaving web site and search for Enoch, you will see a video of the recent setback on the Enoch razor. I believe they are sincere in what they are saying.
I think the sincerity is TBD, but there's certainly an opportunity here to prove it. They claim to want to do right by the people that ordered during the pre-sale by offering some "options in the $50 range". If they mark something up 5x the normal price and offer that under the guise of a $50 apology, it'll probably go worse than doing nothing at all. Just to be clear, I don't believe any of us that ordered over the last few weeks asked for any compensation from Classic Shaving. I certainly did not. But since the gesture was offered, it should be done genuinely. Just my 2 cents.

I think the sincerity is TBD, but there's certainly an opportunity here to prove it. They claim to want to do right by the people that ordered during the pre-sale by offering some "options in the $50 range". If they mark something up 5x the normal price and offer that under the guise of a $50 apology, it'll probably go worse than doing nothing at all. Just to be clear, I don't believe any of us that ordered over the last few weeks asked for any compensation from Classic Shaving. I certainly did not. But since the gesture was offered, it should be done genuinely. Just my 2 cents.

Hmmm.... Not so fast there, sir. You’re already hedging your bets that the man or company is already guilty for a potential wrong doing or a bait and switch as they say in the sales world. Not to be contrary but, let’s look at the facts and not assume yet, that there is some redirection from Classic Shaving.

If you remember early, this sale or preorder sale was done in 2 different groupings. The very first early bird the Enoch razor was offered for $75.00 and then a second so to speak as a final 24 hour sale to acquire one at an early pre release price. Once that pre-sale was over, on their website the suggested retail price was $195. 5x the normal price is a little bit of an exaggeration quite honestly. I never saw any jumping or fluctuation in pricing of the Enoch razor the moment that pre-sale was over. As a matter of fact, if one heads on over to their website, there is a discounted price now of $139.00 from the full retail to potentially acquire one. Still, not a bad deal for the way the prices are heading in todays market for exotic alloy safety razors. Whether MIM or CNC’d produced domestic or abroad, it’s a fair price.

Concerning them being sincere or genuine in trying to make a wrong a right, I believe their announcement to be sincere and shows an honest transparency. Mr. Webster tried to make a delivery target date of late August as per Classic’s announcement and his own. Unfortunately, as most of the wet shaving community knows, the manufacturing and machining facilities for Classic Shaving are mostly overseas based in China. If it were domestic/USA based, the inherent problems or deficiencies can be monitored and corrected via real time in a 24-48 hour time period from prototype to final pre-production run out anywhere along those stages. As it is currently set up, everything has to be shipped in and out between 2 continents which drastically increases time for inspection, quality control and potential tweaking for giving the final production green light. And that is the biggest disadvantage that Classic Shaving faces when producing their razors compared to others that produce them domestically. Cheaper costs abroad versus the potential risk of quality and fitment issues is a responsibility that fits solely on the shoulders of CS & Mr. Webster.

In fairness, Mr. Webster knows that the pooch got mooched on this one. The time frame was not met, and the razor was not finished to their standards. So, a delay has been announced. Alongside that is an effort to those that were awaiting a razor an offer for an additional bonus in potential product to bare with them through this inconvenience. And if not, a %100 total refund, no questions asked if one wants to back out. I don’t see that as disingenuous or baiting potential consumers on a screw up on their end. They owned up to it and gave the consumer options and that’s all one could ask for.

So, imho I see no wrong doing or an act of trying to fleece potential buyers/backers. Perhaps an over zealousness to meet a tight predetermined delivery date but, as we all know, that’s not new in the wet shave game. Many wet shaving retailers have suffered from product delays and that’s just a part of business. It’s a learning experience as you rightfully stated that I believe and hope will be a positive for them in future product releases......

Happy Shaves....

Hmmm.... Not so fast there, sir. You’re already hedging your bets that the man or company is already guilty for a potential wrong doing or a bait and switch as they say in the sales world. Not to be contrary but, let’s look at the facts and not assume yet, that there is some redirection from Classic Shaving.

If you remember early, this sale or preorder sale was done in 2 different groupings. The very first early bird the Enoch razor was offered for $75.00 and then a second so to speak as a final 24 hour sale to acquire one at an early pre release price. Once that pre-sale was over, on their website the suggested retail price was $195. 5x the normal price is a little bit of an exaggeration quite honestly. I never saw any jumping or fluctuation in pricing of the Enoch razor the moment that pre-sale was over. As a matter of fact, if one heads on over to their website, there is a discounted price now of $139.00 from the full retail to potentially acquire one. Still, not a bad deal for the way the prices are heading in todays market for exotic alloy safety razors. Whether MIM or CNC’d produced domestic or abroad, it’s a fair price.

Concerning them being sincere or genuine in trying to make a wrong a right, I believe their announcement to be sincere and shows an honest transparency. Mr. Webster tried to make a delivery target date of late August as per Classic’s announcement and his own. Unfortunately, as most of the wet shaving community knows, the manufacturing and machining facilities for Classic Shaving are mostly overseas based in China. If it were domestic/USA based, the inherent problems or deficiencies can be monitored and corrected via real time in a 24-48 hour time period from prototype to final pre-production run out anywhere along those stages. As it is currently set up, everything has to be shipped in and out between 2 continents which drastically increases time for inspection, quality control and potential tweaking for giving the final production green light. And that is the biggest disadvantage that Classic Shaving faces when producing their razors compared to others that produce them domestically. Cheaper costs abroad versus the potential risk of quality and fitment issues is a responsibility that fits solely on the shoulders of CS & Mr. Webster.

In fairness, Mr. Webster knows that the pooch got mooched on this one. The time frame was not met, and the razor was not finished to their standards. So, a delay has been announced. Alongside that is an effort to those that were awaiting a razor an offer for an additional bonus in potential product to bare with them through this inconvenience. And if not, a %100 total refund, no questions asked if one wants to back out. I don’t see that as disingenuous or baiting potential consumers on a screw up on their end. They owned up to it and gave the consumer options and that’s all one could ask for.

So, imho I see no wrong doing or an act of trying to fleece potential buyers/backers. Perhaps an over zealousness to meet a tight predetermined delivery date but, as we all know, that’s not new in the wet shave game. Many wet shaving retailers have suffered from product delays and that’s just a part of business. It’s a learning experience as you rightfully stated that I believe and hope will be a positive for them in future product releases......

Happy Shaves....

Gus, I get what you're saying and I think there may be some misinterpretation of what I was trying to convey.

In terms of the offered price, yes, it started at $75, then went up to $90. I also read that the MSRP also changed from $139 to $195. No issues with any of that. Well within the business' right to price as they see fit.

And yes, they have been very upfront about the screw thread issue and the offer for a full refund to anyone that doesn't want to wait. Both very fair and good practice/service.

My comment regarding $50 and 5x was geared toward Luke's comments on another forum "We will be compensating anyone that is willing to stick with us with a $50+ bonus I will see about giving you options on items you can have as your bonus. I will work with the team Tomorrow and early next week to get the bonuses lined up."

This is certainly going above and beyond, IMHO. I was just trying to convey that making such a generous offer could backfire if it isn't approached genuinely. Specifically, if the compensation of $50+ bonus options ends up being $10 items that are marked up 5x. It was more words of caution, and my apologies to Luke and his business if they came across as accusation. I've done business with him before and my experiences have all been pleasant, but I am also aware that others on this forum have not been as pleased, and how this all plays out could go a long way in (re) building reputation / trust.
BTW...big fan of the Smolder soap.

Gus, I get what you're saying and I think there may be some misinterpretation of what I was trying to convey.

In terms of the offered price, yes, it started at $75, then went up to $90. I also read that the MSRP also changed from $139 to $195. No issues with any of that. Well within the business' right to price as they see fit.

And yes, they have been very upfront about the screw thread issue and the offer for a full refund to anyone that doesn't want to wait. Both very fair and good practice/service.

My comment regarding $50 and 5x was geared toward Luke's comments on another forum "We will be compensating anyone that is willing to stick with us with a $50+ bonus I will see about giving you options on items you can have as your bonus. I will work with the team Tomorrow and early next week to get the bonuses lined up."

This is certainly going above and beyond, IMHO. I was just trying to convey that making such a generous offer could backfire if it isn't approached genuinely. Specifically, if the compensation of $50+ bonus options ends up being $10 items that are marked up 5x. It was more words of caution, and my apologies to Luke and his business if they came across as accusation. I've done business with him before and my experiences have all been pleasant, but I am also aware that others on this forum have not been as pleased, and how this all plays out could go a long way in (re) building reputation / trust.
BTW...big fan of the Smolder soap.

Got it. My sincerest apologies for misinterpreting what you were trying to convey my friend. I completely get what you’re saying. Thanks for the clarification my good man....

Happy shaves.... :shaving:

Weird, I haven't received any correspondence from them at all beyond the order conformation. Thanks for the updates.

I do not have a problem with Classic having production problems - these things happen. But, it would have been nice to hear directly from them about the situation rather than stumbling across it on their web site or hearing from someone on the forum who heard it from someone on another forum. How much trouble would it have been for Classic Shaving to send out an email to those customers who pre-ordered?

I do not have a problem with Classic having production problems - these things happen. But, it would have been nice to hear directly from them about the situation rather than stumbling across it on their web site or hearing from someone on the forum who heard it from someone on another forum. How much trouble would it have been for Classic Shaving to send out an email to those customers who pre-ordered?
No argument that a direct email would have been nice. If you get the newsletter, they post/note updates there.

As for how Classic Shaving is handling the situation from a customer service perspective (other than the whole not notifying direct thing), I have to give them an A+. Completely transparent about every step of the process and gave everyone that pre-ordered a $50 site credit.

Am I happy about waiting until mid-November? Not really, but life happens, and I have a few other toys to play with until then (as I'm sure most of us do).

Also the new Hiram Commander will be released before XMAS. The head looks like the Occam and the handle like the Cobra Classic. Weight about 4 oz

Hiram Commander.jpg

Also the new Hiram Commander will be released before XMAS. The head looks like the Occam and the handle like the Cobra Classic. Weight about 4 oz

View attachment 1020488
If you go to the website and look at all the pictures you will see the Cobra on the end of the handle.

If I did not have Occam razor, I would purchase this.

Still waiting for the Enoch razor. Did the original $75 pre-order.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

They are now offering the Hiraml Commander for $99 pre sale and shipping on or before Black Friday November 29

Top Bottom