What's new

Not terribly happy with Allen Edmonds today....

151A1D3A-A57B-4554-9032-56E5A8008B73.jpeg
Last summer, I purchased a pair of Allen Edmonds shoes and also a pair of Chelsea boots. I love them both. I wore the boots during the colder months and probably 1-2 times a week. Maybe 50-70 times at the most. The elastic is starting to become overstretched in the same spot on each boot. I thought it would be quite durable, but anyhow, I figured I’d get it replaced as it’s not the best looking.

After going through customer service for a few days, I finally made it to the recrafting department. They told me that it cannot be replaced......

So, I guess that they are supposed to be disposable. Too bad. The rest of the boots look quite new. They are resolable, so maybe I can have the uppers replaced!

If it's just the elastic gore that's wearing I would think that should be replaceable by a good shoe repair place. Maybe they could sew in a leather panel with a zipper instead?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have a pair of loafers with Vibram soles that are already once recrafted. The heels are wear much faster than the sole, when I asked if they would just do the heels, they said not possible, need the whole sole/heel replaced...went to local cobbler and he put without any problems new heels on them. This was quite some time ago, and they are due again to get new heels....guess where I go.

I have a pair of loafers with Vibram soles that are already once recrafted. The heels are wear much faster than the sole, when I asked if they would just do the heels, they said not possible, need the whole sole/heel replaced...went to local cobbler and he put without any problems new heels on them. This was quite some time ago, and they are due again to get new heels....guess where I go.

+1! Finding a good cobbler was not easy around here. But, the time was well spent! :a29:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Finding a good cobbler was not easy around here.

I am fortunate. The good cobbler in town is about a 45 second walk from my office. Out the back door, down the alley, around the corner ... and there he is, on the other side of the same block. And he's a big fan of Vibram half-soles on dress shoes.

Now, one problem is that he's pretty old, so I had better get all my shoes looked after soon, because one of these days he'll retire and then ... who knows??? He's the only guy in town.

I am fortunate. The good cobbler in town is about a 45 second walk from my office. Out the back door, down the alley, around the corner ... and there he is, on the other side of the same block. And he's a big fan of Vibram half-soles on dress shoes.

Now, one problem is that he's pretty old, so I had better get all my shoes looked after soon, because one of these days he'll retire and then ... who knows??? He's the only guy in town.
There are several good cobblers who make You Tube videos and rebuild Allen Edmonds if you don’t mind shipping them off.

Lucky man! Better get ALL your shoes fixed-up!! :a14::a14:

Top Bottom