What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

66D8D232-1BE3-44FF-A0CE-923354ADCD28.jpeg
Does it actually have Laudanum in it? That would remove just about all pain from razor burn, gashes, life threatening cuts. :)
No, no Laudanum put does relieve. Here is the back of the bottle

Picked up these two Old Spice decanters this past weekend:
Screenshot from 2019-08-20 00-16-56.png

An empty green Ships Lantern, and this half full gorgeous porcelain sailboat from the 1983.
Screenshot from 2019-08-20 00-17-16.png

Screenshot from 2019-08-20 00-40-08.png

I think I bought this back in the '80s, and only recently brought it out of wherever it was hiding.
"Quorum" aftershave balm in a pump. Still has a few squirts left.
Flip it over and you've got a "Quorum" eau de toilette sprayer. Still has 80-90% left.
I've not seen this double container (two glass bottles in a single plastic shell) since.

SWMBO likes it.

I think I bought this back in the '80s, and only recently brought it out of wherever it was hiding.
Flip it over and you've got a "Quorum" eau de toilette sprayer. Still has 80-90% left.
I've not seen this double container (two glass bottles in a single plastic shell) since.

SWMBO likes it.
That is slick. Wish I could find one of those.

That is slick. Wish I could find one of those.
Jump into the Time Machine and go back to [1985 ?] in Edmonton, Alberta. That's how I found it.
proxy.php

Except for the Time Machine part. There are still a few bugs to work out.

I forget how it was presented, but my guess is that it was intended to be a travel package, even though the plastic shell would take up more room than the two glass bottles alone.

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

SWMBO likes it.
Thanks for sharing it with us John. I seem to remember the name Quorum but not the product. Interesting concept of the 2 in 1 container.

enjoying the vintage yardley english lavender aftershave this week.
after lot of evaporation loss, still some left with scent.
noticed the separation, that required a slight shake before using.
good lotion effect plus nice old fashioned lavender fragrance.

yardley rubberset feather november 30 2019.jpg

Top Bottom