What's new

Torrey Tuesday

I dont think they would work in wood as that tiny bit would be a weak point, as that tiny bit needs to flex and the strain would be to much over time were as Acrylic does flex.....

That’s what I’m saying, the tabs would have to be a bit wider to have a bit more strength. The right wood with the right grain orientation could do it for sure, maybe better than acrylic.

That’s what I’m saying, the tabs would have to be a bit wider to have a bit more strength. The right wood with the right grain orientation could do it for sure, maybe better than acrylic.

Sorry Sir.... I missed that bit yes making them wider would work, I might give wood a try aswell as I have some purpleheart aswell as Ebony that I have not got around to using.

E5754A1D-C1B5-4F97-A1E0-C929DC8C5D65.jpeg
My specific Torrey from this morning

Torrey for today! Splendid BBS after spending more time on .3um film and stropping her really well very little audible feedback and super gentle shave I was surprised! Alum block had nothing to tell me!!!
IMG_20190827_164657__01.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
FirstWednesday.Kit.640.Torrey.JPG

I messed up and used my wide Torrey on Wednesday (and am posting it on Thursday) so I'm breaking all the rules at once. It shaved well so there's that.

Happy shaves,

Jim

FULL DOUBLE CONCAVE

I’m finding this particular razor to be a pleasure to shave with and the shaves I’m enjoying are close and comfortable
B1D89A0D-83AC-49EE-8ABD-A56BB2BB3432.jpeg

0D704DF7-66CE-4C38-9837-3EDE330554D0.jpeg
FULL DOUBLE CONCAVE

I’m finding this particular razor to be a pleasure to shave with and the shaves I’m enjoying are close and comfortable
View attachment 1013571
I have this same razor I’m in the middle of trying to hone out some blade chips. It’s almost there and I I’m looking forward to it being brought back to life for use.

And for today it’s this Torrey, nothing fancy just smooth shaved every time.

What does full double concave mean?

Happy shaves,

Jim
It’s the model of the Torrey razor and from my understanding the full double concave is in reference to the particular grind of this razor. It’s just like saying extra hollow as you see some blades engraved. This razor was engraved with that saying FULL DOUBLE CONCAVE but as you can tell it’s no longer there

Thank you for wishing me happy shaves.
This razor sure does deliver

View attachment 1013582
I have this same razor I’m in the middle of trying to hone out some blade chips. It’s almost there and I I’m looking forward to it being brought back to life for use.

And for today it’s this Torrey, nothing fancy just smooth shaved every time.
It looks great to me considering it’s age and a smooth shave is the objective in the art of shaving

Would love to know what you think about the full double concave when its up and shaving

It looks great to me considering it’s age and a smooth shave is the objective in the art of shaving

Would love to know what you think about the full double concave when its up and shaving

Will def keep you posted. Hopefully by next Tuesday lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My vintage Bismarck is usually my go to. But I’m using this more. Very good shaver !

Attachments

• 278441A2-18ED-42BB-B059-5E72190779F2.jpeg
    278441A2-18ED-42BB-B059-5E72190779F2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Torrey Tuesday TABAC, tried to like my custom badger again...not a boar :( finished with GJ alum and Menthoholic Lime...
IMG_20190903_164039.jpg

Todays Shave for Torrey Tuesday

J. R. Torrey Co Worcester MA 6/8th ARMY
Old Spice Mug & Soap
Old Spice Brush 22mm Boar
Old Spice The Queen's Silver Jubilee 1977 Aftershave

The Brush & Razor both have just been restored by myself and both perform very well, but I think the razor could need longer on the stone or strop as it just lacking......

20190904_003725.jpg

Last edited:
Last week
434CD9CC-B74F-4BBF-A931-E0EA0824DAB4.jpeg
This week
711EBB00-DDBC-406E-BE03-2D9094B0FF86.jpeg

These are KILLER shavers once they’re honed up well, but I can’t believe how hollow ground this thing is... I had a Genco that was about this grind but full shoulder/stabilizer and it slipped out of my hand and cracked in half from just a ~6” drop. I think if I ever broke this Torrey I’d cry a few tears and then buy the next one I saw for sale.

Top Bottom