What's new

My feeble Red Injun restoration/shortening

Pruned it with a Dremel, hand sanded and polished with Dremel. Honed it with a coticule and fine lapping film. Far from perfect, but it's a pretty cool little fellow and I'm happy with it!
Red Injun.jpg

Pruned it with a Dremel, hand sanded and polished with Dremel. Honed it with a coticule and fine lapping film. Far from perfect, but it's a pretty cool little fellow and I'm happy with it!View attachment 1012046
Firstly, good job! Secondly as long as you are happy with her that is all that matters at the end of the day! I do have a question though why didn't you follow your original line the shape looked cool! Not that the end result looks otherwise mind you just a curiosity. Again good job!

I do have a question though why didn't you follow your original line the shape looked cool!

The cut-off wheel had a mind of its own! I didn't realize that I had no mandrel for the Dremel sanding tube, so I did it with just the wheel. I now have the requisite equipment for sanding and may well revisit it. Thank you for the kind words!

Good job, I have a couple that have been dropped and pruned at the end. It is good to keep them in service, and sometimes the shorter blade is easier to use and hone.

The cut-off wheel had a mind of its own! I didn't realize that I had no mandrel for the Dremel sanding tube, so I did it with just the wheel. I now have the requisite equipment for sanding and may well revisit it. Thank you for the kind words!
Since you're possibly gonna revisit the mod maybe something like this? hope you don't mind I took some liberties with your photo!
Red Injun__01__01__01__01.jpg

Since you're possibly gonna revisit the mod maybe something like this? hope you don't mind I took some liberties with your photo!

Of course I don't mind! Thank you for the suggestions, but I already revisited it. In the process of revisitation, I inflicted a dose of extreme devastation. The blade was rendered much shorter than was my inclination. Just on the verge of full blade penetration, my ice block broke and steel slammed my workstation. My oaths rent the air in a fit of frustration, as I hit my pub shed for a hearty libation.

Okay, enough of that nonsense! I should be madder than I am, but I bought that razor specifically to trim around my goatee and it is now the perfect length. Plus, the point looks better! That is an English-Scottish-French point, by the way.

Busted.jpg

Of course I don't mind! Thank you for the suggestions, but I already revisited it. In the process of revisitation, I inflicted a dose of extreme devastation. The blade was rendered much shorter than was my inclination. Just on the verge of full blade penetration, my ice block broke and steel slammed my workstation. My oaths rent the air in a fit of frustration, as I hit my pub shed for a hearty libation.

Okay, enough of that nonsense! I should be madder than I am, but I bought that razor specifically to trim around my goatee and it is now the perfect length. Plus, the point looks better! That is an English-Scottish-French point, by the way.

View attachment 1012331
Lol! Well I hope you had a good Stout or a Porter! Incidentally I have a twin of the Redpoint you pictured with the goat trimmer! Happy shaves and have some libations for me as I no longer partake!!

Wow! You nailed it. And when I say hearty...
View attachment 1012340

I like the Red Point. It came from Solingen via Utica Cutlery and Utica is in my extended backyard.
Fantastic!! Enjoy on for me as requested sir! When my little Redpoint came to me her scales were cracked at the pivot so I baby her but she shaves quite nicely.. Cheers my friend and again happy shaves!

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Nice save. A Boker Red Injun was my first razor and still my favorite.

Top Bottom