What's new

Which blade is the smoothest for you?? Not the closest or best blade - just the smoothest

For me, it is these blades (out of 42 I have tried to date):

Astra Super Stainless (not the platinum one)
Chroma Diamont Stainless
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green Super Stainless
Gillette Silver Blue

These are not necessarily my favorite blades, as I think the closeness of a blade matters - the number of shaves does NOT matter for me, as I rarely use a blade even 3 times.

My favorite top 6 are:
Bolzano
Chroma Diamont Stainless
Gillette Silver Blue
Voskhod Teflon
Rapira Platinum Lux
Astra Super Stainless

If I had to pick a 7th - Gillette Nacet

Some overlap from above, but not totally - I like all 6 of the above mostly equally. Voskhod, Rapira, and Chroma are my best value - when you consider cost per blade.

Considering COST as the number one variant, before closeness and smoothness it is:
Voskhod
Treet Platinum
Parker

There you go - 3 ways to evaluate blades from my personal unique perspective:
beard thickness, face, technique, and shaving frequency,

Yeah I think that the Stainless Astras Shave really well. Hardly any discomfort at all for me when using them. Personna Labs are really smooth also.

Rapira platinum deluxe
Rapira swedish stainless
Astra blue
Voskhod
Nacet
Lada (4 shaves so far on 1 blade and still going smooth)

Astra greens are very popular but i cant seem to get on with them well

GSB is the smoothest for me. Dorco Prime, Israeli Reds, Lord Silver Star, and Shanghai Wilkies are smooth for me too, but not as smooth as GSBs.
I have found that as my technique developed, blades got smoother...

Every week is Shark (SS) week for me. Not the sharpest, but absolutely the smoothest and most irritation-free I've tried thus far.

Every week is Shark (SS) week for me. Not the sharpest, but absolutely the smoothest and most irritation-free I've tried thus far.

If youy like Shark blades, try the new Shark Platinum. They are much sharper than the previous offerings and the only Shark I will use.

Lord cool and gillette sharpedge. But I'm down to my last piece of gillette sharpedge. So that sucks.

The astra SP, gillette platinum and super stainless are also smooth for me. But I'll give a slight edge to the above two.

For smoothness, RPL, 7 O’clock Super Platinum (Black) and 7 O’clock Super Stainless (Green).

Dorco ST301 are also pretty smooth. I need to spend more time with Astra SS and GSB, but they may also make my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you like Shark blades, try the new Shark Platinum. They are much sharper than the previous offerings and the only Shark I will use.

Yep I've seen a lot of good things about them. When my current cache of Shark SS is running low I'll be checking them out, along with Silver Star.

Top Bottom