What's new

Old Spice 'Captain' vs 'Classic' Aftershave

I found this: Exclusive to Old Spice men’s grooming products, the Red Collection also introduces the brand’s new “Fade-Resistant Scent Technology” designed to stop “noseblindness” that can happen with a product’s daily use, when the nose becomes habituated to smell and starts ignoring it. 'Captain' is one of three new products in the Red Collection. I have ordered a bottle of 'Captain' Old Spice and I'm looking forward to the splash.

Hi. Can someone tell what the difference is between the two bottles of Old Spice After Shave.

Thanks,

I saw Captain in the pharmacy a few weeks ago and opened a bottle and smelled it. I can’t remember exactly what it smelled like, but it was pleasant and smelled very different to me than current Old Spice.

The advertising states that Captain is the scent of the Ocean and Fresh Sandalwood. So decomposing filth and pollution then.

OS has about 4983049 different scents these days in the deodorant, body spray and body wash areas.
Some of my favorites are Amber, Magnate, Champion and Fresh. They're really trying, listing a ton of notes on the packaging for some of their newer scents.

I love Old Spice original and some of its variations, but I have not heard this Captain variety
proxy.php

I miss O.S. Signature in the clear bottle. That was interesting juice. It was spicy and aquatic, with quite a bit of cardamom. I still have some that I have barely touched and horded away.

Brut Revolution is also gone, and again, was a similar fragrance, but more monodimensional.

The other, newer Old Spice fragrances all smell like Axe. Stuff kids would wear. Not really my thing. I thought Fiji was OK, but that was about it. Most seem to be gravitating towards gourmand type fragrances with modern wonder chemicals. I don't need a fragrance to slap me upside the head to let me (and bystanders) know I'm a man, thank you.

I’ve worn old spice captain deodorant for a number of years and love the scent. They must have only released the aftershave briefly? I can’t seem to find any online. I would love to try this!!!! I found one site had it for $20 and I don’t know if I trust the site.

I’ve worn old spice captain deodorant for a number of years and love the scent. They must have only released the aftershave briefly? I can’t seem to find any online. I would love to try this!!!! I found one site had it for $20 and I don’t know if I trust the site.
I got mine from.. toymede..on eBay.

P&G seem to be going the Axe route in terms of trying to have a plethora of different fragrances and dropping the less popular options.

Colognes and aftershaves seem to not be a hot seller anymore as compared to body spray and deodorant. Man younger men, if they use aftershave at all, are not using them like fragrances, and they are using gels or balms.

Top Bottom