What's new

Mitchells Wool Fat Love

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
This is my MWF puck, there are many like it but this one is mine. I am nothing without my wool fat, and my wool fat is nothing without me.

Its going to be controversial, but the aroma of a freshly opened puck of MWF smelt of old ladies soap. Now the intensity has diminished a little the smell is growing on me :D

I've been reading this here and there for the last decade and I honestly don't get any old lady scent from it.
It's just a subtle, soothing and very pleasant scent to my nose.

But then, I also never got the old person scent from tabac either.

figured out what works bst for me, have been doing this for several years already---dry puck, shower, hot water all over stubble, rub puck ATG all over stubble, synthetic brush dunked in hot water one shake to clear excess water, face lather, always great lather, always enough for a 3 pass shave. Occasionally will add a few drops to the brush during lathering if needed. pucks last forever.

It’s Schaffmilch weekend for me.
Have you tried it yet?

It's a very nice soap but it's basically like the other haslinger soaps...i.e.nothing like MWF.

Mitchell's performs way, way better than schafmilch. There's just no competition there.

figured out what works bst for me, have been doing this for several years already---dry puck, shower, hot water all over stubble, rub puck ATG all over stubble, synthetic brush dunked in hot water one shake to clear excess water, face lather, always great lather, always enough for a 3 pass shave. Occasionally will add a few drops to the brush during lathering if needed. pucks last forever.

How long does a puck last using it as a shave stick?

This thread inspired me to give Mitchell's another try. I started out 6 or so years ago wet shaving, Tabac and Mitchell's were my first two soaps ordered. I had no issues with Tabac but could not get Mitchell's to work for the life of me. I tried everything, wet brush, dry brush, grating, and even tried turning it into a cream. To this day it is the only soap I ever threw away. Fast forward to today, I ordered a new puck and gave it a whirl. I guess my technique improved over the years, I had a great lather and had a fantastic shave. I can see what all the hype is for!

I could not hold out any longer. I have an order incoming next week and will finally give MWF a try. Wish me luck.

Excellent move!

Use it exclusively for a week or more to see the skin improvements it provides. MWF is easy to lather. More soap, more water. That's it.

When I started wet shaving, I bought MWF . However, I longed for it to be used as I hankered after some of the wonderful scents elsewhere. Now the heavy scented soaps tend to irritate my face, I think I will revisit MWF . At the moment I am using Haslinger. Can anyone say how these two soaps compare?They seem to be alike from comments here.

I prefer Haslinger over MWF. A nicer scent, doesn't crack when not moistend regularly, easier to lather... I also like the sall pucks.
That being said, I find both to be really good soaps. And, even with hard water, have no problem with lathering both.

Mail call today so sometime in the next week I have the honor of opening MWF for the very first time. Intimidated? Not in the least. I figure I have enough soap to last me my lifetime, so I have a long time to work on the MWF. Again, wish me luck...

IMG_3477.jpeg

Top Bottom