What's new

Arko August 2019

15 for 15 today!

Johan Engström Frameback
Maggard's Black and White
Arko stick
IMG_20181014_231856-01.jpeg

Had my 3rd Arko shave today...great face lather with my Fatip badger brush. Finished with Brut- Oceans aftershave splash, which actually isn't very summery oceanic as the name and blue color would imply,... it has a really awesome dirty earthy manly vetiver (almost Creed-like) scent after it dries.

Fatip Piccolo- nickel with special gold gentile plate / Gillette- Silver Blue (5)
Fatip- Badger brush
Arko stick / Brut- Oceans splash

Just had my 4th arko shave and it is growing on me. Im liking the smell and performance. This evening was a simple straight. Arco. Boar brush. And lots of aqua velva. I like. Ahhhhhh

16 Aug 19
Razor:
Rockwell 6S
Blade: Rapira platinum lux (0)
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Two band badger shaving brush
Pre-Shave: Shower and Clearasil face wash
Lather: Arko stick – face lather
Aftershave: Duru Lemon cologne / Proraso Blue balm
IMG_20190815_150049.jpg

Mid-Month Arko Shave
First shave with my timeless bronze razor. It's a beauty. I think this razor and Arko will be my daily shave kit for a long time.

Great shaves with Arko all week. No nicks or neck irritation. Tried my Pearl two piece razor today & got a close shave. I had not used the Pearl in a long while & was surprised at how good a razor it was.

16 for 16 for Arko August

Frederick Reynolds "The Old English Razor" 7/8, near wedge
Arko stick
Semogue 2040HD
img_20190816_065440-01-jpeg.1008516

Two mornings of so-so shaves almost had me dreading my shave today. Frederick Reynolds and Arko to the rescue! Used my favorite razor and made my lather more wet than recently. Wonderful shave today.

Arko Gung-ho (all Arko, all August)
FoolishMortal
FarmerTan
mawashi
Cphobes
SpudWrench
James Darmody
bluesman 7
bjm
jj_sharp
Gaznix
fast shaver
meanpr
Brian C.
Billy T.
ajkel64
PeteVK
Squirrel
RumpleBearskin
MrMoJoe
ksblazer
helistone
Sideways Tremolo

Arko on the down-low (some Arko, sometimes)
Wtd1911
ftrez
Rosseforp
Whilliam
shave/brush
Ted A
Namkcakram
EB Newfarm
cyclingsteveb
psfred
ftrez
Haggises
BudgetShaverGuy
JayFromBrooklyn
Kealon7
Legacoid
Rustynail
Deacon Frank
Beakerz
OhioBob

Arko is a no-go
(no Arko, no way)
HarryAU570
RayClem

Arko in Limbo (maybe?)
Goatlips

This August I've been using Proraso Blue, DR Harris Arlington, Marlboro, Windsor, MWF, Tabac, PannaCrema PURE2O Vetiver, Arko Blue cream, Palmolive Ice and Original cream and few more.

Why are you all using only Arko? :a9:

This August I've been using Proraso Blue, DR Harris Arlington, Marlboro, Windsor, MWF, Tabac, PannaCrema PURE2O Vetiver, Arko Blue cream, Palmolive Ice and Original cream and few more.

Why are you all using only Arko? :a9:
Because it's "Arko August 2019" and there are an additional 334 days in the year for all of the other soaps and creams.

Because it's "Arko August 2019" and there are an additional 334 days in the year for all of the other soaps and creams.

Well I missed it and I'm jealous. I'll have to catch up with Tabactober. Or is there something planned for September?

Well I missed it and I'm jealous. I'll have to catch up with Tabactober. Or is there something planned for September?
Tabactober? I've never tried that one. Start it up and I'll be glad to join you if you'llhave me as a co-conspirator.

I have some Tabac that I've never used because I've been busy trying to 3017 so many of my other soaps. Tabactober would give me a chance to crack the seal on the jar.

Top Bottom