What's new

Just incase you do not hear from me...

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
... I was informed several times today by an official voice recording from the Social Security Audit & Fraud Enforcement Bureau that an arrest warrant has been issued for me...

so the big question is, what's wrong with the old methods to enforce fraud? And how come the voice didn't say youse even onest? Since when does the Don want pre-paid debt cards?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I got a similar robocall once or twice on my cell phone saying there was an issue I needed to call about or the police would come to my house and arrest me. I was out of state, and it was obviously one of the scam calls. I ignored it, but when I got home I kept some coffee on in case a deputy came by. :)

I do quite a bit of reporting to the FTC.

- FTC Complaint Assistant

Last edited:
Surprisingly enough, last Spring I WAS contacted by the Social Security Fraud Division...the legit ones.
They get in touch with you by US Mail..maybe in person if it's a heavy situation. Phone?? Nah.....

Y
I got a similar robocall once or twice on my cell phone saying there was an issue I needed to call about or the police would come to my house and arrest me. I was out of state, and it was obviously one of the scam calls. I ignored it, but when I got home I kept some coffee on in case a deputy came by. :)

I do quite a bit of reporting to the FTC.

- FTC Complaint Assistant

Yup I also get several calls from 914-297-8075 about similar arrest warrant. Never talk directly to them, though. I just Googled the number and easily found some reports have been filed at Beware of 9142978075. I just blocked the number immediately.

I've had a few of these automated calls. Straight into the round file. Kind of wish they would use a live person, so I could invite them to send the Cops out. Used to get the "You've won a trip to ___________". Those stopped when I started insisting that they should just send me my tickets.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Surprisingly enough, last Spring I WAS contacted by the Social Security Fraud Division...the legit ones.
They get in touch with you by US Mail..maybe in person if it's a heavy situation. Phone?? Nah.....
Had you forgotten to deduct the SSI contribution from your workers at the still paychecks?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Yeah, if they call on the phone and the guy on the other end has a heavy accent and is from India and his name is “Richard”???

Probably not legit. :)

Long before internet and cellphones became personal appendages, my wife got a call from the Feds. Seems she owed some money, and unless she paid up, an arrest warrant would be issued for her. She played along in her best and most convincing dumb blonde voice and asked if a check was OK, or did it have to be cash? They preferred cash. She said she could meet them in the lobby of the Federal Building for the payoff & she would have a red ribbon in her hair.
Her next call was to the IRS Fraud Division - they answered IMMEDIATELY. She told them the story & they said that they would handle it with one of their agents, complete with red ribbon. They took my wife's name & phone number, and that was that.
About a year later, she got an official looking letter thanking her for her information that led to the arrest and conviction of a scammer who had victimized several elderly and unwary.
We both looked thru the letter & envelope several times, but never found any reward money ...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Long before internet and cellphones became personal appendages, my wife got a call from the Feds. Seems she owed some money, and unless she paid up, an arrest warrant would be issued for her. She played along in her best and most convincing dumb blonde voice and asked if a check was OK, or did it have to be cash? They preferred cash. She said she could meet them in the lobby of the Federal Building for the payoff & she would have a red ribbon in her hair.
Her next call was to the IRS Fraud Division - they answered IMMEDIATELY. She told them the story & they said that they would handle it with one of their agents, complete with red ribbon. They took my wife's name & phone number, and that was that.
About a year later, she got an official looking letter thanking her for her information that led to the arrest and conviction of a scammer who had victimized several elderly and unwary.
We both looked thru the letter & envelope several times, but never found any reward money ...
Your wife sounds like a great person. I married one of those too! You are blessed my friend.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.

fantastic story!

Top Bottom