What's new

Burlington & TJ Maxx

I found the following at my local Burlington:

Red Proraso Shaving Foam -- huge can on clearance for $2.99. I bought both cans. I haven't used shaving foam in a long time, but I figure for the price, I can give it to my brother if I hate it.

Red Proraso Shaving Cream (tube) -- 3 tubes, but I only grabbed one. I have one full tube at home, and just ordered one from an online vendor, so I didn't really need any to begin with.

Green Proraso Shaving Foam
Green Proraso Shaving Cream (tube)
Blue Proraso Shaving Cream (tube)
I didn't grab any of these, but I was impressed with the selection.

They had a couple AOS Chelsea Razors on the shelf. I didn't check the price, though.

12x and 10x suction cup mirrors for $1.99 -- LOTS of them. I grabbed one - figuring it couldn't hurt to have one.

They also had Kenneth Cole Black gift sets available for either $19.99 for the smaller set or $34.99 for the bigger set. I decided against getting these, even though I like the scent, I have 2 small bottles at home already. I was hoping to find the Kenneth Cole Vintage Black, but no joy.

A few days before that, I went into TJ Maxx and found...

Proraso Styptic Gel for $3.00

Duke Cannon Bourbon Soap for $4.00

Some other really nice smelling soaps for $3 or $4 were available also. I grabbed the last two of the Castelbel Porto Men's Teakwood & Cardamom Triple Milled Soaps for only $3

The last Real Shaving Brush Gift Set - this one was like $6.00 - but it came with a nice enamelware mug, white speckled with a mustache on it. Good mug for storing a few daily use razors. The brush isn't anything to write home about, and I haven't tried the shaving cream. I mainly bought it for the mug.

Again, I was hoping to find Kenneth Cole Vintage Black cologne. I did find a 'body spray' which is okay, but not quite the same.

So, a pretty good haul. I also picked up a few things that aren't shaving related, but were things I can use, and were good deals.

Me and the wife went to a couple of Burlington stores to see if I could find any scores. First stop found a Merkur 34C for 15 bucks and I picked up a tube of Proraso shave cream. We hit the other one to see if they had anything different. I found another 34C on their clearance rack for only 8 bucks. I couldn't pass that up at that price. 20190810_192708.jpg

Dont forget Marshalls, same company as TJ Maxx just a different name. Have never seen any merkur razors but I have a substantial collection of proraso white/green (including preshaves and aftershaves).

I was at Burlington this week and they had about three tubes each of red, white, blue, and green. I had two of the blues in my little grubbies but came to my senses after I reminded myself I have in a box under my bed twelve tubes of Proraso of various colors, a bunch of Williams, a couple pucks of Tabac, and shave sticks made by Palmolive, Wilkinson, and Speik. Not mention all my half used creams and soaps in my shave den. I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE CREAMS AND SOAPS! So I walked out leaving all the Prorasos at Burlington, proud that my willpower overcame my urge to buy more.

Then this morning I purchased a kilo of Cella online. The rabbit hole is a real sickness.

I've been to a couple TJ Maxx's and have never seen anything remotely interesting like this. Lots of cordless trimmers and cartridge razors.

Me and the wife went to a couple of Burlington stores to see if I could find any scores. First stop found a Merkur 34C for 15 bucks and I picked up a tube of Proraso shave cream. We hit the other one to see if they had anything different. I found another 34C on their clearance rack for only 8 bucks. I couldn't pass that up at that price. View attachment 1006744
Darn.
I thought $30 at Burlington for the Merkur was good.

I've been to a couple TJ Maxx's and have never seen anything remotely interesting like this. Lots of cordless trimmers and cartridge razors.
Yeah, I went to TJ Maxx and didnt see anything. There was 1 Pomade which I bought but no soap or razors.

$8 for the Merkur is awesome.

I was at Burlington this week and they had about three tubes each of red, white, blue, and green. I had two of the blues in my little grubbies but came to my senses after I reminded myself I have in a box under my bed twelve tubes of Proraso of various colors, a bunch of Williams, a couple pucks of Tabac, and shave sticks made by Palmolive, Wilkinson, and Speik. Not mention all my half used creams and soaps in my shave den. I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE CREAMS AND SOAPS! So I walked out leaving all the Prorasos at Burlington, proud that my willpower overcame my urge to buy more.

Then this morning I purchased a kilo of Cella online. The rabbit hole is a real sickness.
I want to try all the shave sticks you mentioned and cella i have Never tried Any of those you mentioned.....

7FB7FA7A-B4A0-4359-AB3D-000A5BF08633.jpeg
Just picked up a tube of Proraso blue and the green from Burlington for $4.99 each. That’s basically half off the price you see it for online. And the shipping was free!

I didn’t see any razors but good lordy had I seen a 34c for the prices @Lakeshirt saw them I would have been forced to pick one up :)

Top Bottom