What's new

Schick Injector Type A restore

I recently picked up a Schick Injector Type A (1926). There was lots of tarnish and the cap was frozen tight. I decided to restore it. It had 7 of the original blades. I removed those, soaked them in rubbing alcohol and cleaned them up. Here is the before picture.
20190810_172405_resized.jpg

Several hours later and lots of TLC and elbow grease and here is the after picture.
20190810_172531_resized.jpg

These razors are amazing. The engineering is very smooth.

Last edited:

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Nicely done -- and the shaves I get from mine are OUTSTANDING!!! I hand-loaded (with pliers) a Proline B-20 blade in mine and while I have 6 other Schicks, this one is my favorite (and I believe best) shaver. You did well to get a complete model....mine does not have the cylinder top cap (I'm considering using either some 1/2 inch copper or brass to fashion one for mine), and I don't have a "magazine" (i.e., the innards for loading blades). Congratulations and good job on the restoration!

I love my A. I got tired of the pliers routine so now am using the magazines in all my Repeaters, also using the Proline. The ultimate travel razor.

Thanks guys yes. I feel fortunate to find this razor. Given that it was only made for one year in 1926. I was also surprised it had all the parts. And yes, I can see how this would be the ultimate travel razor. I must put it to the test soon.

Flintstone65

I love my A. I got tired of the pliers routine so now am using the magazines in all my Repeaters, also using the Proline. The ultimate travel razor.
Gotta ask -- did all of yours come with "magazines"? Or did you find them separately? Seems like most B's and C's have their "mags"; but the type A's seem almost impossible to stumble on.

And this is only the second time I have seen this razor...and now I want one. I really need to stop looking at these forms :lol:

Gotta ask -- did all of yours come with "magazines"? Or did you find them separately? Seems like most B's and C's have their "mags"; but the type A's seem almost impossible to stumble on.
Mine have come with magazines (A, B & C)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Flintstone65

Mine have come with magazines (A, B & C)

Dang....thought so. Oh well, I'm hand loading my Enders, my Mark Cross, and I guess I'll be doing that with my type A. Thanks for the quick response!

Dang....thought so. Oh well, I'm hand loading my Enders, my Mark Cross, and I guess I'll be doing that with my type A. Thanks for the quick response!
I gotta say hand loading the Repeaters is a might trickier. Don't know how many times I cut myself messing with alignment. Downright embarrassing it was. But I'm a clutz. The magazines do show up occasionally, hope you are lucky enough to land one.

Great clean up! Looks good. I love my type A, and all my repeaters for that matter! Let is know when you get a chance to take it for a spin! Mine may be there most efficient razor I own without being super aggressive.

Great find!

Top Bottom