Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Paradigm SE

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Razorock Hawk

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters
D

dangerousrazor

One that is missing from the list is the Executive Shaving Claymore made in Scotland. Also with AC blades it is a short step to the superb shavettes, both folding and straight, such as the Feather DX kamisori (my current challenge).

I already mentioned about claymore. The poll choice is limited to 10. So I said I was sorry for excluding Claymore and Rocnel. And I also said I was not interested in shavette. If you want shavette on the poll, you can create a thread any time.

I still prefer the King Cobra AC razor that I own. Paradigm AC comes in second and the ATT SE1 third for me.

I've owned or tried everything on the list with the exception of the Occam.

I still prefer the King Cobra AC razor that I own. Paradigm AC comes in second and the ATT SE1 third for me.

I've owned or tried everything on the list with the exception of the Occam.

What is it about the Vector that you didn’t like ? I ask as I’m thinking about buying an SE razor and was going to wait for the Vector.

What is it about the Vector that you didn’t like ? I ask as I’m thinking about buying an SE razor and was going to wait for the Vector.

I didn't dislike the Vector as I'd likely rank it fourth. I think I just preferred the others over it. The Vector was probably slightly more aggressive than the other three that I preferred over it. In terms of aggressiveness it would likely go Vector, King Cobra, SE1 then Paradigm. The Paradigm handle is absolutely beautiful but it doesn't give me enough grip. The Vector handle wasn't bad but I'd prefer some knurl.

The King Cobra gives me a nick grippy handle and a medium agressive but still very comfortable shave. With the sharper blades usually two passes with this one does what a de razor does in three.

The Paradigm is exceptionally smooth and comfortable to shave with. I don't care for the handle because with the soaps I use it can slip around in my hand. Beautifully machined though.

The ATT I like but the bamboo handle is a poor choice. With a different handle this is a nice solid performer. The bamboo handle makes the head of this razor off balance.

The Vector is very agile and likely the most aggressive of the four. I'm not a fan of the head design which is difficult to maybe uncomfortable to take apart and put back together. Since I take apart my razor and dry it off after every shave that was a small factor. With the cap threads going through the blade the sides of the knurling are removed. I do wonder if this can cause an issue with the threads stripping. The handle is nothing special but overall it is a very good razor. I didn't try other handles on this razor when I had one in my possession but I should have.

Most people that have tried all of these would probably rank the Paradigm first. It's definitely the most comfortable to shave with and the machinery is a work of art. It is quite expensive as well. That being said I just really enjoy the King Cobra which I find to be slightly more comfortable to shave with than the Cobra Classic. Very similar, just as efficient but slightly more comfortable.

Not really a case of the Vector being bad but more of me liking the other's slightly more.

The others on the list had other issues for me. The Asylum was extremely aggressive. Beautiful machining work but to the point where it was unusable for me as it tore my face up and I've used straight razors and can shave with anything. The El Jefe wasn't bad aside from the plate movement issue that I had with mine. The Hawk was extremely cheap and too mild. The Colonial handle was terrible and the shave was just ok for me. The Mongoose was way too mild as well.

With the cap threads going through the blade the sides of the [threads] are removed. I do wonder if this can cause an issue with the threads stripping.

Quick note on this since it's a valid concern.

The Sabre uses the same modified post, but much longer. When I first designed the Sabre, stripped threads and bent posts were a big concern of mine. But the narrow post was absolutely necessary to meet my design requirements. So to deal with this, I prepared (and budgeted) for a certain percentage of Sabre top caps to be replaced. After two years of being on the market, I've still yet to replace a single Sabre top cap due to stripped threads and I've replaced one that bent after being dropped. Because of this I felt much more confident in the post of the Vector. The Vector has had similar results, albeit over a shorter time span. To my knowledge there have been zero cases of stripped threads and it's been a remarkably stout and reliable design.

Quick note on this since it's a valid concern.

The Sabre uses the same modified post, but much longer. When I first designed the Sabre, stripped threads and bent posts were a big concern of mine. But the narrow post was absolutely necessary to meet my design requirements. So to deal with this, I prepared (and budgeted) for a certain percentage of Sabre top caps to be replaced. After two years of being on the market, I've still yet to replace a single Sabre top cap due to stripped threads and I've replaced one that bent after being dropped. Because of this I felt much more confident in the post of the Vector. The Vector has had similar results, albeit over a shorter time span. To my knowledge there have been zero cases of stripped threads and it's been a remarkably stout and reliable design.

Perfect, thank you! Can other handles be used on the Vector. I should have tried some when I had one in my possession.

I voted for Asylum RX, though if the ATT SE vote were split between the SE1 and SE2, I might have gone with the SE2...

For best, I voted RX and SE1.

My MR-SE (updated el jefe) matches the SE1 in its shave, just not as well made and finished. I use it with an ATT aluminium Calypso handle.

I only have 1 SE - The Paradigm Ti SE - it’s flippin great - I donmt think I would need another razor ...... but .......

I want another SE for rotation and variety

Am looking very very closely for the release of the v2 General based on what I have read

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
FeatherSS.Wood.640.8-30-18.new.JPG

With a Proline this is a very nice AC razor. Probably not what you are thinking of, but if you're interested...

View attachment 1007919

With a Proline this is a very nice AC razor. Probably not what you are thinking of, but if you're interested...
LOL....I take it you didn't read through the thread.

Earlier the OP got upset that somebody mentioned the Feather SS; said the thread is not about shavettes. To be fair to you, though, the thread title says "AC razors," and the Feather SS is, indeed, a razor that utilizes the AC blade.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Earlier the OP got upset that somebody mentioned the Feather SS; said the thread is not about shavettes. To be fair to you, though, the thread title says "AC razors," and the Feather SS is, indeed, a razor that utilizes the AC blade.

Oh, darn...

Thead Hijacking by Chan Eil Whiskers.jpg

...done it again.

D

dangerousrazor

I wasnt upset. :) Derailng is something you cant avoid when you create a thread about a topic. In this topic, some talked about Injectors, Gems, or shavettes. If I get upset about all of them, I'd better not create a thread. It is just the way a thread usually goes. And I myself often hijacks a thread, not reading original posting carefully.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I wasnt upset. :) Derailng is something you cant avoid when you create a thread about a topic. In this topic, some talked about Injectors, Gems, or shavettes. If I get upset about all of them, I'd better not create a thread. It is just the way a thread usually goes. And I myself often hijacks a thread, not reading original posting carefully.

I generally pay very little attention to which forum (or other subset) new posts are in (unless I'm searching a particular forum or sub-forum).

Thanks for mentioning you weren't bothered. I feel the same way you do about hijacking. I don't generally have any desire to hijack most threads but probably do it rather frequently. It's just not a big deal to me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

D

dangerousrazor

I've shaved with 4 of them. my favorite pick among them is Colonial Genral.

Top Bottom