What's new

Favorite lime AS for summer?

I'm looking for a good lime AS for hot weather use. I've looked at several on Amazon but the poor reviews on most have thrown me off.

Anyone have a recommendation for a lime as that will last more than a half hour before fading away?

Vintage Avon Island Lime, for sure ... that said, citrusy scents are not long-lasting. AA

Agreed. Avon's Island Lime is about the best I've tried. But not long lasting.
I also have vintage English Leather Lime and Old Spice Lime. Both are nice, but different. The lime top note on both disappears quickly leaving the heart and base notes, which due tend to linger quite a while. Of the 3 the Mrs. prefers Avon.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I also have vintage English Leather Lime and Old Spice Lime. Both are nice, but different. The lime top note on both disappears quickly leaving the heart and base notes, which due tend to linger quite a while. Of the 3 the Mrs. prefers Avon.

I used to like Pinaud Lime Sec, until I found the Avon!

Well. I still do, but it is much more synthetic.

AA

Avon Island Lime and Pinaud Lime Sec for me. Like both. Why can't anyone other than artisans and some of the barbershop brands make aftershaves in this wonderful scent? You know, something from Walmart, Target or the drug store. Not too many things smell better than that tangy citrus blast of lime. Just joyous.

Captain’s Choice Lime

What he said!

+1

Love it! Both the splash and balm. Must comment that it is not a very long lasting scent though.

In my experience Stirling aftershaves tend to have good staying power, but I have not tried their Lime or Coconut Lime myself. Island Man is one I do have and while it's more of a blend of scents it does have a nice citrus overtone and the scent lasts quite a while.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Vintage Avon Island Lime, for sure ... that said, citrusy scents are not long-lasting.

AA

Boom! Agreed

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Trust me on this. My new favorite line AS is vintage Avon Tribute. Buy some and put some Bergamot essential oil in it. Life changing!

Does Avon still produce either of these or is it strictly ebay sourced?

And thanks to everyone who has weighed in here, Much appreciated.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Does Avon still produce either of these or is it strictly ebay sourced?

And thanks to everyone who has weighed in here, Much appreciated.
No, I actually emailed Avon. But sometimes you can find it at Goodwill or Salvation Army, etc. eBay of course.

Gabel’s Drops of Lime is very nice. It is a dry lime, not sweet. Less than $6.00 for 16 oz. from Appleton Barber Supply.

Top Bottom