What's new

Birdseye Maple pants.

Ok so on Amazon day I grabbed up a couple of GD 1996 one of which is still a WIP. And one which I am going to share now. I reshaped the blade cause why not. The scales were a joke so that's where I started actually then I said to myself hmm let's refine the blade a little.. Here she is birds eye Maple scales and wedge, brass pins, stainless inner washers brass outers. Enjoy and comments are welcome.
IMG_20190720_182558.jpg
IMG_20190720_164910.jpg
IMG_20190720_175211.jpg
IMG_20190720_191304__01.jpg
IMG_20190725_212119.jpg
IMG_20190725_212133.jpg

I'm sorry you missed this year's Gold Dollar competition. Since you've done a couple you aren't a novice anymore. I hope you will enter next year's unlimited class!

I'm sorry you missed this year's Gold Dollar competition. Since you've done a couple you aren't a novice anymore. I hope you will enter next year's unlimited class!
That's perfectly fine thanks for the clarification!! Plus I already have a plan some say lipstick on a pig is still a pig I say I like pork BBQ cooked slow and low!! Lol! I had fun with the two that I did I'm guessing doing the 1996 is ok?

That's perfectly fine thanks for the clarification!! Plus I already have a plan some say lipstick on a pig is still a pig I say I like pork BBQ cooked slow and low!! Lol! I had fun with the two that I did I'm guessing doing the 1996 is ok?
That is an interesting question. This year we didn't specify which Gold Dollar razor you had to use. Looking back at 2017 it specified that: In the Novice class, contestants must use the original Gold Dollars or ZY straight razors. If your stock razor is anything other than a GD or ZY (6/8, Round Point, No Thumb Notch) please enter in the Unlimited Class.

So in the past we required novices to use the original GD but left it open for the unlimited class. Hopefully whomever runs it next year will make that clear at the start, and if its me then I'll try to remember :)

That is an interesting question. This year we didn't specify which Gold Dollar razor you had to use. Looking back at 2017 it specified that: In the Novice class, contestants must use the original Gold Dollars or ZY straight razors. If your stock razor is anything other than a GD or ZY (6/8, Round Point, No Thumb Notch) please enter in the Unlimited Class.

So in the past we required novices to use the original GD but left it open for the unlimited class. Hopefully whomever runs it next year will make that clear at the start, and if its me then I'll try to remember :)

It's all good I've been told I can't enter the novice class because I've already modded 2 gold dollars (oh yea you told me that!) which is completely fine by me plus I have 2 more razors to MOD one a ZY and the other a 66. Next year.... Next year!! Unless there's a spur of the moment unlimited class MOD comp II. Call it the summer fall SLAM lol!!!

Oh yes seeing I missed this years GD unlimited class due to heavy work load, But the good news is I will be entering next years..
Yes it is Gold dollars 66 or the ZY only in both classes without a thumb notch, they was picked because they are cheap solid razors to use and need work to make shave ready.....

Ok so on Amazon day I grabbed up a couple of GD 1996 one of which is still a WIP. And one which I am going to share now. I reshaped the blade cause why not. The scales were a joke so that's where I started actually then I said to myself hmm let's refine the blade a little.. Here she is birds eye Maple scales and wedge, brass pins, stainless inner washers brass outers. Enjoy and comments are welcome.View attachment 1002090 View attachment 1002091 View attachment 1002092 View attachment 1002094 View attachment 1002095 View attachment 1002096

That looks beautiful :001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

Thanks man! I can enter in the unlimited class if it's not a 66 or a ZY so next year I should be good I got one of each unmolested waiting to be entered!

The only razors allowed in the Gold Dollar comp, are the Gold Dollars 66 and the ZY so if you have those then yes they both are good razors to go.....

Top Bottom