Little help plz

Glass the chip or no?

• Glass it reset bevel

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Run it on finisher and call it good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok finally got the chance to scope the blade on my recent purchase sharkfin scaled Torrey found a chip in the blade very small one I think. See pic. Should I glass the edge then reset the bevel poor just leave it as is ? Any sound advice from there hive mind here?
190801_180342.jpg
s-l400.jpg

ADMIN OR MOD PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD I FOUND MY ANSWER AND NOW HAVE A SHAVE READY BLADE THANKS!!!!

I used an old ceramic coffee cup bottom (the unglazed) portion, gave the blade 2 very light strokes (just the weight of the razor) holding by the wedge side pin. Then took her through the 12um-.3um lapping film progression then to unpasted linen strip, then leather. The chip was so small it was not an issue!!! The seller that I got the blade from on the bay is a good seller.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I never glass an edge. I just hone, beginning at a grit that seems suitable to the size of the defect. But what you did worked for you just fine, obviously. There are many paths. Some are better than others but many will getcha there in the end.

I never glass an edge. I just hone, beginning at a grit that seems suitable to the size of the defect. But what you did worked for you just fine, obviously. There are many paths. Some are better than others but many will getcha there in the end.
The chip was so small that I figured what the hell. Plus I wasn't confident the"shave ready" edge was shave ready so yea I started from scratch following the method you detailed then taking the blade through the whole range from 12um-.3um except I finished on the .3um on top of the .5um instead of paper I feel it tamed any harshness down better than the paper.

Top Bottom