What's new

Is this an E-1 Schick?

This razor has a round spring but it slides over to open the razor. I thought all of the E-1s had flat springs.
IMG_20190801_181618580.jpg
IMG_20190801_181345191.jpg
IMG_20190801_181309848.jpg

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Not according to Appleby's system, but hey that is a nice example of what seems an E-2 by the same measure

I have one just like the one pictured and consider it an E2. One of the best all time in my opinion.

Agreed. My E2 is my favorite Schick, and I’ve got a bunch. I’d love to find an E1, but I’ve given up the hunt after years of searching...

Agreed. My E2 is my favorite Schick, and I’ve got a bunch. I’d love to find an E1, but I’ve given up the hunt after years of searching...

Yes, would love to find one myself, sir. I have a 1939 E3 in it's original box that I never use, but love.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I believe you have a E1 and it is in great shape and I had to convert my regular E2 to a E1, that is a rare E1 series. Schick had a habit of putting pieces from other model series or transition of models to put product out the factory door for sale. Your E1 is a rare hybrid possibly of model transtion to the new E2 series?
@mata_66 made this great timeline reference.
Have some great shaves!
schick_dating_chart_annotated-png.984371

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, the e-bid buy place has at least 4 of the E1s up for sale. They are not identified as E1s, just early Schick razors. I have noticed you need to click on almost every E/G type and look at photos to determine if it is an E and if it is an E1. There are also some E2s there, and alot of E3s. Oh, and a few of the Canadian E/G mixed types. I was just on the site, looking to see if any E5s were around. For some strange reason I got it in my mind I need an E5.

I have a nice E2, but I find the E Series too aggressive....

Top Bottom