What's new

Tobacquisition - August 2019

Mike H

Instagram Famous
A Custombilt and a Savinelli 320 and a couple vintage tins.
proxy.php

Last edited:

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Phil Morgan was in the restaurant again today, and brought me this hat.

IMG_20190802_185029861.jpg

The flour was my doing.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Quite a bit this month. Kramer’s blend for Cary Grant, LL BS-005, Capt Black Black Seas, and a new MM Rob Roy pipe.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Morgan Pipes Tobacco Flapjack holder. cant find a single flaw on the thing.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

Supposedly holds little over 3/4 ounce ribbon, double that for flake.

View attachment 1005376

Supposedly holds little over 3/4 ounce ribbon, double that for flake.

That is nice but as others have said, a tad too expensive for me. I'm not hundred percent sold on them splashing the logo all over it, either. I've just this second been outsniped on a Baccyflap :( been after one for ages.

Is it easy enough to open? The Baccyflaps have a thread, I presume this is a "pull off" lid?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
That is nice but as others have said, a tad too expensive for me. I'm not hundred percent sold on them splashing the logo all over it, either. I've just this second been outsniped on a Baccyflap :( been after one for ages.

Is it easy enough to open? The Baccyflaps have a thread, I presume this is a "pull off" lid?

It opens easily and as you surmised it is a press fit, though if you are a serial nail biter it would be a bit difficult. There is an o-ring that mates to a groove machined in the cover that locks the two halves together. It isn’t airtight so the tobacco will eventually dry out, but I cannot smell the tobacco when closed so I am confident it will maintain moisture for a significant length of time.

I was gunning for a Baccyflap as well, but at more than half the price of the Morgan one, I went for the Morgan one. Truth be told a plastic baggie will do the job just as well for a day’s worth of Toby.

That doesn’t mean I won’t get me a Baccyflap later on tho...

Top Bottom