What's new

Heartburn

Tums sugar free, the Orange Dreamsicle ones work great for me.

Mostly tho, not overeating and watching for what causes it; too much food and too much sugar.

Can’t eat ketchup, it’s instant fire for me. Citrus will do it too, I really have to keep orange juice at very small servings.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Used to be the usual expensive heartburn pills. Then I finally asked the doc for a prescription of Omeprazole. $9 for a 90 day supply.

You should try pickle juice. It’ll work.

Yeah, over time we mostly learn what not to do. Scotch and cashews will kick my tush.

Today's malady? Unsure of causal factors. But it has been on and off for hours and hours. Heck, I even skipped shaving!

A tablespoon or more apple cider vinegar in a short glass (3-4 ounces, not too much water, so’s not to dilute gastric juices) of warm water with some stevia or honey.

Trying some of the things in this treatment protocol should help you. It may only take one of the dietary of other type changes to end it. And there are different ways to help manage it. It all helped me a great deal. Brenda Watson H.O.P.E. program
ACV helps,signal,the esophagealmsphincter to close tight. Some ofmthose things we learn not to do don’t allow the stomach tomsend the chemical gas signal to it to force it closed. Hiatal hernia was my problem. I learned to do heel drops, and that help correct and heal me of that. It can still rarely flare up, though.

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) - BrendaWatson.com

I also use coconut vinegar and it is milder and would maybe be easier to start out with...acv with mother or the raw coconut vinegar are preferred.

Last edited:
I've suffered with Heartburn for the past few years before that I had an iron stomach. I've mostly just take Tums but my doctor prescribed 20mg Rabeprazole pills which helped but the side effects were worse so I had to stop.

The best one for me was Prilosec, one a day lasts 24 hrs.
Have no need for them now after losing weight and changing my diet.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Glad someone mentioned apple cider vinegar. It’s not an instant cure for me like the Tums I mentioned is, but it works pretty much every time inside of half an hour.

In the UK you can get Nexium OTC which work pretty well for me, and on prescription here Dexilant, which is Dexlansoprazole. Pretty expensive but effective. When I get the acid attack, which is not so often now, it's brutal so I need something equally hard-hitting!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I’ve been lucky- never been bothered with it (even after eating my homemade habanero sauce). My wife, on the other hand, does. Sprite, for some reason, works for her.

Stay away from the tums, Prilosec, Nexium and the like. The latest data says the side effects are far worse than heartburn, and it makes the root issue worse.

I'm a couple of months into weaning myself off of Prilosec after about 15 years of use. Search YouTube or Google, and you'll find that all of the most recent evidence shows it's caused by too little stomach acid, or at least acid that isn't low enough on the PH scale.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother works every time for me. Now they even sell it in a 4 pack of small bottles that are about the size of a bottle of 5 hour energy.
I drink a diluted glass every other day.

I highly recommend that you see your local gastroenterologist ASAP!

Acid reflux can cause significant damage to your esophagus over time and can result in cancer.

I was bothered with it years ago until I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Got my CPAP going and it's not been an issue since. There are times I'll bet a bit after a meal, but it goes away on its own within an hour.

Supposedly, 500 mg of Papaya in pill form. A friend's wife is doing this and it has cleared things up for her almost completely.

I highly recommend that you see your local gastroenterologist ASAP!

Acid reflux can cause significant damage to your esophagus over time and can result in cancer.
I agree with Jim's statement, I used to have acid reflux and went to see a gastroenterologist, per my oldest brother recomendation, who is a doctor; after an endoscopy the result came out that the culprit was gastritis.

Top Bottom