What's new

SEptember 2019

It's that time of year.

I have no new additions to my arsenal since Single-Edge September 2018, but there are a number of razors I haven't used since then. So I'll be getting them out and giving them a lap around the track.

Who else?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
It's that time of year.

I have no new additions to my arsenal since Single-Edge September 2018, but there are a number of razors I haven't used since then. So I'll be getting them out and giving them a lap around the track.

Who else?
I'm in!!! I'm a SE guy so this is a no-brainer! True confession, I may also be doing a Slantember shave occasionally as well.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I may also be doing a Slantember shave occasionally as well.

I have a 1912 with a little kink in the frame. It's a single-edge slant!

Sure -- I'll be continuing mainly with Gem style but I'll be returning to the SE1 at some point soon because I hate getting bucked off.

O.H.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Might be - seems we had a month of Schickness way back when, may have been the time of September when ..

I liked the month of injectors, but truth told some of the later models don't get enough traction on my mug, and think I've sold off a couple making a complete run through impossible. On the other hand, its just a diversion for us .. I could do a month of Injectors, a month of GEM style SE, not sure I'd want a month of the shavette styled

Got everything together--razors, blades--all in one spot for quick access. I think a Gem Micromatic Bullet Tip will start off the show.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Got everything together--razors, blades--all in one spot for quick access. I think a Gem Micromatic Bullet Tip will start off the show.
Wow, you are organized! Nice choice with the Micromatic Bullet Tip -- I may be a bit showy with a 1904 GEM Lather Catcher, or something else may strike my SE fancey. It does start in September, right? :)

I can't believe I started this thread in July when we still had August to go through before September landed. Guess I was excited for Single-edge SEptember. Even shaved a couple times with my Bullet Tip this month. Anyway, September is getting closer, so I thought I'd bump this.

In the last month and a half I've gathered 6 different single edge razors: Gem Jr Bar, Gem Damaskeene OC, Ever Ready Lather Catcher, Gem 1912, Gem MMOC, and my latest a Schick Type-A that I'm excited to use. Might kick off SEptember with my inaugural shave with my Schick (if I can wait that long).

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'm in also with different assortment of SE razors, Approx 65 % of my razors are Vintage SE and enjoy using them.
I'm testing the ER 1914 and ER 1924 for next 9 to 10 days and then I can have a little more variety of SE that I enjoy for my razor rotation.

Couldn't wait until September 1st...

Gem Micromatic Bullet Tip
Gem Super Stainless (3)
Derby Lavender cream
Balea boar brush, face lathered
Gillette Cool Wave aftershave splash

Okay shave. Felt a little rushed as I have to head out this morning.

I'll be participating in my first first full SEptember with y'all this month! Stoked, just cleaned and loaded the gang of repeating razors. It's gonna be Shicktember!

I'm in! Won't be posting much as I'm head to Yellowstone for about 10 days, but I'm only taking my Gem 1912.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Ok, I started early by accident. Tried a new Schick B-20 in my Supply Provision Version 1 with the heavy plate. Probably not as good a blade as a Plus Platinum, but close enough, as They say, for government work ..

I've been described as a Schick duck .. though I enjoy the various blade formats the Schick just feels right. I went to college 50 years ago this week (post Woodstock & moonwalking) with a yellow handled Schick in my footlocker .. enough nostalgia, I'll start with the newest of the injectors, though of course ya can load the Supply the other way ..

I'm going to work backwards through what I have, hopefully I'll be forgiven for Micromatic Monday if I use a razor with a tennis racket handle ..

IMG_9409.JPG

I'm trying to think of a way to make this interesting for me. Most of my SE razors are injectors and I've been through most of them lately. I usually put a blade in one and use it for a month. So, I could load up the J-1 and use it for 30 days. I'll start that way and see what happens.

Tried a new Schick B-20 in my Supply Provision Version 1 with the heavy plate. Probably not as good a blade as a Plus Platinum, but close enough, as They say, for government work ..

B-20 not as good as a Plus Platinum? That must be a heck of a blade because I got 30 stellar shaves from my Schick B-20 and thought it the best injector blade I've ever used (I've not used a Plus Platinum). Loaded a B-20 in my Schick Adjustable for SEptember, and loaded a Personna 74 into my Pal Injecto-matic. Not sure what I'll use first.

Top Bottom