What's new

Razorock teasing a new SE

Joe has posted another picture. I have to say the more I look at it, the more I'm intrigued
RR_Halfblade.jpg

Reminiscent of the Ikon El Jefe / Mr SE with pins instead of slots to hole the blade. They had problems with the clamping down on the blade with the screw through a slot like the above pic and quickly labeled it as a blem and sold them for like $20 everywhere. They corrected the problem down the road but it never quite hit the potential they thought it would be... I just can't get over how large this head is for a 1/2 DE blade!!

It looks like a hawk with extra pins.

With pins in front and behind the blade, it should hold the blade tightly. Regardless of whether the blade is snapped perfectly in half or not.

To me this appears to be the hawk almost exactly but only with 1/2 de blade. If that is the case I don't understand the reason to make this razor.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

I am more intrigued now that I’ve seen the next teaser. Another fun way to use up DE blades. If it’s as smooth as a GC or Mamba, I’m in.

I can also see a draw for those wanting a single edge but not wanting to get into shavettes, AC format, or standard SE blades.

To me this appears to be the hawk almost exactly but only with 1/2 de blade. If that is the case I don't understand the reason to make this razor.

Maybe because DE blades are cheaper, more readily available, and have more variety, and some people already have a large stash of them?

Although I think this razor will sell fairly well, I think they should've made this to accept an Injector blade. Mongoose introduced the Mingoose that sold fairly well but was, imo, too expensive for what it was. There are a lot of people that have shied away from the A/C format because it was such a wide blade and the Injector blade type would fill that gap better I think than a 1/2 DE type...

Although I think this razor will sell fairly well, I think they should've made this to accept an Injector blade. Mongoose introduced the Mingoose that sold fairly well but was, imo, too expensive for what it was. There are a lot of people that have shied away from the A/C format because it was such a wide blade and the Injector blade type would fill that gap better I think than a 1/2 DE type...
Agreed. Maybe it's not too late???

I would buy one in an injector format.

I think RR went this route because he didn't want to make an injector, but thought that a razor with similar characteristics would be just as good. This appears to clamp the blade very rigidly and allow a defined shave angle like his Hawks, but without introducing another blade format, especially when they are more limited than the DE and Feather AC blade format.

What I'm curious about is if I get about four shaves per blade with a DE, am I going to have to replace the blade now every two shaves?

What I'm curious about is if I get about four shaves per blade with a DE, am I going to have to replace the blade now every two shaves?
Good question but you would still get 4 shaves per full blade! If you get 4 from a half blade that would extend your blades as well.

To be honest, I'd really like to see more new SE razor options that use the regular, commonly-available GEM blades.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
To be honest, I'd really like to see more new SE razor options that use the regular, commonly-available GEM blades.
Me too. But this is one I would consider. Except the idea of attempting to "snap" a DE blade in half is a bit of a turn off.

Top Bottom