What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Never seen and heard this injector before. It is outstanding!!! Thanks for sharing precious info!!

Here is the lot I bought it in. It has I think every style of razor Basset produced before being taken over by Gillette. The Filomatic Inox flip top DE came in a few different colors besides black. They also came in green, red, tan and possibly other colors. You can also see the Filomatic F2 injector in the picture and types of blade sets for the injectors. Besides the F2 injector the Filodos cartridge razor was still sold as a rebranded Gillette Trac II razor.
filo.jpg

D

dangerousrazor

Here is the lot I bought it in. It has I think every style of razor Basset produced before being taken over by Gillette. The Filomatic Inox flip top DE came in a few different colors besides black. They also came in green, red, tan and possibly other colors. You can also see the Filomatic F2 injector in the picture and types of blade sets for the injectors. Besides the F2 injector the Filodos cartridge razor was still sold as a rebranded Gillette Trac II razor.
View attachment 995946

Thanks for the wonderful info and pics. They all look beautiful! Hope to hear from you how it shaves compared to Schick injectors. :)

Here are some better pictures of those Filomatic injectors that I took now that they are here.

First is the Filomatic Inox injector.
filoi1a.jpg filoi1b.jpg filoi1c.jpg

Next is the F2 injector which looks to be exactly the same as a Gillette Twinjector.

filoi2a.jpg filoi2b.jpg filoi2c.jpg

Thanks for the closer look. The filomatic inox looks gorgeous!

The handle is well made and has a good feel also when shaving. It is also a fairly mild shave also. I don't have much experience with injectors to compare but as someone else stated it probably would compare most favorably to a Schick type L.

I tested the loading system with 5 used injector blade a moment ago. the loading system worked very smoothly contrary to the notoriety. In fact, I am very surprised that this old mechanism is faultless after 80 or more years.
Maybe it is working well because it wasn't a used one.
i have A B Cs and use them all. i was lucky and was able to get 12 magazines of the original blade some time ago and have done will with them. each magazine had 20 blades with a brass blank between 18 and 19 so after months of shaving when you hit the blank you know you have to get more in the next week or two.
these are my go-to travel razors.
some have had issues with filling the razor with new blades because the new ones are slightly thinner and if it is worn the plunger can try to catch 2 blades. usually if you just put one in the handle it will load fine.
i hope you guys like yours has much as it do.
schick blades1.jpg

i have A B Cs and use them all. i was lucky and was able to get 12 magazines of the original blade some time ago and have done will with them. each magazine had 20 blades with a brass blank between 18 and 19 so after months of shaving when you hit the blank you know you have to get more in the next week or two.
some have had issues with filling the razor with new blades because the new ones are slightly thinner and if it is worn the plunger can try to catch 2 blades. usually if you just put one in the handle it will load fine.
View attachment 999152

Very cool. The brass blank indicator is a very clever idea. I really like my type B.

D

dangerousrazor

View attachment 999152

Thanks for the wonderful information. The blade blank idea is really interesting!

1289F23D-5BF2-45EA-9AF8-D2873AD73ED7.jpeg
BB754F40-8D89-423F-8F5C-7D82759BAE7F.jpeg
Picked these two up this week for $10 each both in really nice condition, user grade... a STAR and a GEM gray handle solid bar.

View attachment 1002568 View attachment 1002569 Picked these two up this week for $10 each both in really nice condition, user grade... a STAR and a GEM gray handle solid bar.

Very nice, they both look to be in excellent shape. I have that same Star it's a great shaver, I especially like the bakelite baton handle. I also have a featherweight Deluxe but I've not seen a featherwhieght with a gray handle they're great shavers too, especially for the first use or two on a new gem blade to tame it a bit for other razors.

Very nice, they both look to be in excellent shape. I have that same Star it's a great shaver, I especially like the bakelite baton handle. I also have a featherweight Deluxe but I've not seen a featherwhieght with a gray handle they're great shavers too, especially for the first use or two on a new gem blade to tame it a bit for other razors.

Yes, exactly.... they are both a bit rare to find in the wild.... these were from a Vermont antique shop...

Top Bottom