What's new

Kamisori Blade Maker Identification

Can anyone place this blade to a specific maker? I found it in a small mom and pop knife shop in Japan, and even got it honed by the old man on a wet stone. An incredible experience to say the least, but I’d live more info on it if someone has any!

22CE808F-1786-40E0-8602-593DFA30FE77.jpeg
3E969435-8122-41B7-9F58-B083F16EABEB.jpeg
CF7AABC8-25DB-4707-A594-589643073187.jpeg
68D9D5C7-41C0-42A1-A524-015E0434242E.jpeg

The first kanjis read as 春吉作 haruyoshi-saku (production of haruyoshi)
The rest of the kanjis are quite bunched up and hard to read as to get an exact meaning.
Hope that is of any help.
Edit: wrapping reads as 別誂 本床向剃刀 betsuatsurae hondoko kamisori (special ordered hondoko razor)

Last edited:
The first kanjis read as 春吉作 haruyoshi-saku (production of haruyoshi)
The rest of the kanjis are quite bunched up and hard to read as to get an exact meaning.
Hope that is of any help.
Edit: wrapping reads as 別誂 本床向剃刀 betsuatsurae hondoko kamisori (special ordered hondoko razor)

Thank you, that's super helpful!! I tried to do a quick google search and didn't find anything. I'm assuming Hondoko is the area maybe.

Thank you, that's super helpful!! I tried to do a quick google search and didn't find anything. I'm assuming Hondoko is the area maybe.
I'm not quite sure what hondoko is, could be the company or type of razor. A quick search of hondoko (本床向) gave me alot of kamisori results.
Try to copy and paste the kanji.

@MO1,

Could you please help me with the same?
The task us neigh impossible as during restoration of the blade much of the original marks had to be ground down - but I still have some hope.

I do nor think it's a particularly famous maker or brand. I would be happy to identify the approximate age of my kamisori.
View attachment DSC_0338.JPG

The text is abit blurred and hard to make out the characters.
Even if I can make the characters out, I'm quite bad at history of kamisoris. But I'll give it a shot if you can snap another picture of the characters :302:

Top Bottom