What's new

Bad wife advice

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
w ish you better days
Brother, if I died tonight I have had close to 40 years I shouldn't have. So no worries. I am truly the most blessed man you will have ever met, and we ain't even officially met! Truly, thank you for your kindness my friend. It's off to bed for me, to try to sleep with the snoring War Department! (Please don't tell her I said that. She claims she doesn't snore, though the neighbors beg to differ.)

"If a man says he's going to do something, he will do it. You don't have to nag him every six months about it."

Didn't go over well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
It's off to bed for me, to try to sleep with the snoring War Department! (Please don't tell her I said that. She claims she doesn't snore, though the neighbors beg to differ.)

A friend of mine recorded his wife snoring once...………...don't do that.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
heh. I thought this was advise if you had a bad wife.

:a19:
For the record.... If my wife reads this...there are no bad wives. Only underappreciated ones.

I should be good for a while if I remember to work that into a conversation with her, all casual like...

Every time I respond I just take what I'd like to say....pause and then say the exact opposite with a plastic smile.

Then afterwards I'm always thinking, MAN I'm glad I didn't say the first version, lol.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I asked if she had just got in or was heading out.

Which?

And then she swung it at you!

proxy.php

My wife said that on the coming Friday at work, everyone was going to dress up in crazy costumes and weird outfits and she thought she'd dress up as an old lady. I suggested she try something different and suprise them instead. Ya.....that didn't go over real well.

My wife gives as good as she gets, so I consider myself inoculated against any trumped up "offense" she may take to one of my sarcastic (intentional or otherwise) remarks.

That I am still alive and reasonably in full possession of my faculties after 24 years of marriage is proof of my assertion.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Whatever you think/want/wish/desire, dear...is the only good advice.

I should remember that, but even after 40 years seldom do.
I never remember that either
Plus wants and opinions may change on a daily basis so agreeing with everything is still a dangerous proposition when its the next day

I recorded swmbo snoring. While the soundtrack was pretty spectacular, I don't think I'd recommend it.
Swmbo and I laugh a lot, usually at the fact we're both seniors. After a lifetime of shooting sports, my hearing is really shot. (sorry...) That alone generates hilarity on a daily basis.

heh. I thought this was advise if you had a bad wife.

That's how I read it at first too. Reminded me of a Shane MacGowan lyric:

My daddy was a sinner
But my mother was a saintly person
But I ruined my life with drinking
Bad wives, taking pills, and cursing.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Funny, yesterday I was thinking how we all seek advice from people that have done things multiple times as they have experience.

But in marriage, I think you're better off talking to the fella with one long marriage and not one who is on number four.

Funny, yesterday I was thinking how we all seek advice from people that have done things multiple times as they have experience.

But in marriage, I think you're better off talking to the fella with one long marriage and not one who is on number four.

A mate of mine who's just got divorce number 4 was giving advice on how deal with MrsM on the weekend when I mentioned we'd disagreed on to do with some junk in the garage.n

Top Bottom