What's new

Show off your DE/SE Travel Kit

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
went super minimal here altoids mini tin and travel brush the mini container with shave soap not pictured is about as big around as a quarter. old empty eye drop bottles for AS. it all fits into one of the single sandwich boxes or smaller depending where im going.

I like it! I will confess to having purchased a tin of Altoids in an airport the other day with the thought of making a super small razor travel kit.

I like it! I will confess to having purchased a tin of Altoids in an airport the other day with the thought of making a super small razor travel kit.
Good choice and you can either make the printed insert or you can bend cardboard into proper shape and cover or not cover the cardboard, your choice. The altoids tins cone in 3 diff. Sizes also so you could make 3 diff kits.the mini is great for travel razors and the med size is big enough to use for full size 3 piece razors for storage or travel and then the full size tins for whatever use.

I use the bottom of my Vetelli dopp bag. Supply SE injector in a leather travel case, synthetic brush in a plastic tube, MER shaving soap sample, and some Nivea post shave balm!

Attachments

• 15638055679541414186190906827700.jpg
    15638055679541414186190906827700.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 43

Flintstone65

I use the bottom of my Vetelli dopp bag. Supply SE injector in a leather travel case, synthetic brush in a plastic tube, MER shaving soap sample, and some Nivea post shave balm!
Nice kit -- I hadn't heard of Vetelli, but just googled it and they have some really nice and reasonably priced (IMO) dopp bags! Thanks for sharing!!!

While this picture is on my MBR sink, I took these items on cruises in 2015 (Alaska), and 2017 (southern Europe):

Final FFFM shave 2019.JPG

'Shaving mug' is a repurposed food container, brush is my Omega 11126, the razor is my Merkur 1904, the blue travel bottle is Witch Hazel, and the green bottle is Pinaud Clubman. Worked out quite well in our small cabins.

Flintstone65

While this picture is on my MBR sink, I took these items on cruises in 2015 (Alaska), and 2017 (southern Europe):

View attachment 1001140
'Shaving mug' is a repurposed food container, brush is my Omega 11126, the razor is my Merkur 1904, the blue travel bottle is Witch Hazel, and the green bottle is Pinaud Clubman. Worked out quite well in our small cabins.
I really like the recycled nature of your shaving mug....very smart. And I'm a fan of the small plastic containers for witch hazel and after shaves.

Nice kit -- I hadn't heard of Vetelli, but just googled it and they have some really nice and reasonably priced (IMO) dopp bags! Thanks for sharing!!!
Found it on amazon. The quality is great for the price! Better than I had expected considering it was around $30.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
(This is from another site I contribute to.)

Travelling just recently(2016) to Puerto Vallarta Mexico (2 wks)I wanted to have some decent shaves so I brought minimal gear with me to keep the weight down and yet still enjoy the shaves.
In humid climate I thought I would bring a small synthetic brush with a protective medicine bottle vented to keep the brush in reasonable shape from all the tossing of suit cases.
My soap selection good old Arko with Nivea for a change up once in a while. The Razorock old type open comb razor & leather razor holster with Personna red blades with their great blade case for holding spent old blades(Don't leave spent blades in waste basket). A small bottle of decantered Aftershave and of coarse a Alum block for sub tropical climate instringent. The small metal shaving bowl was brought along just in case I wanted to bowl lather(Never used so I did not have to bring!) and I was very Happy Happy.
travel kit (2).jpg

(Remember DE razor blades are not allowed in your CARRY ON luggage on most airlines!!

have some great shaves!

Flintstone65

(This is from another site I contribute to.)

Travelling just recently(2016) to Puerto Vallarta Mexico (2 wks)I wanted to have some decent shaves so I brought minimal gear with me to keep the weight down and yet still enjoy the shaves.
In humid climate I thought I would bring a small synthetic brush with a protective medicine bottle vented to keep the brush in reasonable shape from all the tossing of suit cases.
My soap selection good old Arko with Nivea for a change up once in a while. The Razorock old type open comb razor & leather razor holster with Personna red blades with their great blade case for holding spent old blades(Don't leave spent blades in waste basket). A small bottle of decantered Aftershave and of coarse a Alum block for sub tropical climate instringent. The small metal shaving bowl was brought along just in case I wanted to bowl lather(Never used so I did not have to bring!) and I was very Happy Happy.
View attachment 1001376

(Remember DE razor blades are not allowed in your CARRY ON luggage on most airlines!!

have some great shaves!
Very nice -- I like your equipment choices!!!

I purchased a Weishi or Baili TTO some time ago and use the container to hold my aluminum tech and blades.

The soap and brush varies. If I bring a triple milled, I need my little Yaqi brush to puck-load. Otherwise, I'm likely packing an Omega S-brush. If I'm not bringing the triple milled, I have a handful of sample containers I can load for variety (and still space saving).

I don't use Aftershave on the road, I just bring along a travel sized alum stick. Its maybe 3in tall, small enough to not be a nuisance (and still enough alum to finish a thousand shaves, I'd imagine).

My favorite find... If I'm bowl lathering I bring along a collapsible dog dish. Its roughly the size of my timeless bowl and is just "rough" enough to allow for a good easy lather building. Love this thing. [emoji16]
proxy.php

Flintstone65

I purchased a Weishi or Baili TTO some time ago and use the container to hold my aluminum tech and blades.

The soap and brush varies. If I bring a triple milled, I need my little Yaqi brush to puck-load. Otherwise, I'm likely packing an Omega S-brush. If I'm not bringing the triple milled, I have a handful of sample containers I can load for variety (and still space saving).

I don't use Aftershave on the road, I just bring along a travel sized alum stick. Its maybe 3in tall, small enough to not be a nuisance (and still enough alum to finish a thousand shaves, I'd imagine).

My favorite find... If I'm bowl lathering I bring along a collapsible dog dish. Its roughly the size of my timeless bowl and is just "rough" enough to allow for a good easy lather building. Love this thing. [emoji16]
proxy.php
That is genius -- thanks for sharing!!!

Traveling for work but by car, so the DE got to come with me. Tomorrow’s shave all set to go in the hotel bathroom.....

F25D7A98-88D7-4858-9433-ABB83172DFDC.jpeg

There’s actually a Palmolive stick in that La Toja container! It’s the perfect size.

Flintstone65

Traveling for work but by car, so the DE got to come with me. Tomorrow’s shave all set to go in the hotel bathroom.....

View attachment 1011587

There’s actually a Palmolive stick in that La Toja container! It’s the perfect size.
Nice!!! You and I have VERY similar equipment -- both the La Toja container and Palmolive shave stick! Thanks for sharing your setup, and enjoy your shave tomorrow!!!

Top Bottom