What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

A Gillette Super adjustable black beauty in excellent condition. Debating if I want to shave with it or sell it...
View attachment 998645 View attachment 998646 View attachment 998647 View attachment 998648 View attachment 998649 View attachment 998650 View attachment 998651

You can do both. Shave with it, then sell it if you don't like it. I used mine today with a new Lord Platinum. Shaves equally nice compared to my Slim, plus I kinda like the longer handle. I've got another BB on the way - one with the metal bottom plate. Planning to dedicate my growing razor collection to specific blades once I'm done comparing them to my go-to (for now) Astra SP's.

You can do both. Shave with it, then sell it if you don't like it. I used mine today with a new Lord Platinum. Shaves equally nice compared to my Slim, plus I kinda like the longer handle. I've got another BB on the way - one with the metal bottom plate. Planning to dedicate my growing razor collection to specific blades once I'm done comparing them to my go-to (for now) Astra SP's.
Sage advice. Probably give it a few goes over the next couple of weeks. If it shaves like the slim then I'm gonna love it!

It has been quite a while since I have had anything to share, but today is a twosome...

First is an aftershave that had recently been discussed on the AS forum...

IMG_3158.jpeg
IMG_3159.jpeg

IMG_3161.jpeg

I have to say it smells great! My first Aqua Velva purchase of any kind.

Next up is an upgrade to an existing razor I own...

IMG_3162.jpeg

IMG_3163.jpeg

IMG_3164.jpeg

This Gillette Hybrid Tech arrives from England and is in nearly mint condition, aside from the mailer which has seen better days. I am not sure if the mailer actually matches the razor and case. The mailer says it is a #40, but I have no knowledge if this is actually accurate. If anyone knows for sure, it would be interesting to know. It will get the inaugural shave during the upcoming King Gillette Weekend. Good week and it's only Monday.

full

full

Bought two bowls and two plastic containers from IKEA. The bowls are for lathering (wanted to test what I prefer, stainless steel or porcelain).

Going to use the plastic containers for soap pucks when I buy that.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
It has been quite a while since I have had anything to share, but today is a twosome...

View attachment 999306 View attachment 999307

View attachment 999308

View attachment 999310

View attachment 999311

View attachment 999312

This Gillette Hybrid Tech arrives from England and is in nearly mint condition, aside from the mailer which has seen better days. I am not sure if the mailer actually matches the razor and case. The mailer says it is a #40, but I have no knowledge if this is actually accurate. If anyone knows for sure, it would be interesting to know. It will get the inaugural shave during the upcoming King Gillette Weekend. Good week and it's only Monday.
Wow. A mint HT. What a score. Congratulations, Tom!

View attachment 999306 View attachment 999307

View attachment 999308

View attachment 999310

View attachment 999311

View attachment 999312

The Holy Grail!

Also my favorite DE of all time. Congratulations and enjoy!

My Stirling order came in today. I'm really impressed with scent of the EDT, it's smells very close to Polo Blue, it's fresh and you can really smell the cucumber and melon. I'm just sprayed it on so I haven't gotten to the heart yet but so far I really like it. The scent off the puck is light but I have no doubt it will open up upon lathering. We're going to top 106 today so I'm excited about the MITA bath soaps. The freebie bar of Deep Blue Sea also smells great. This box just makes me happy.
proxy.php

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Just a coupl'a bottles of Pinaud Lime Sec in a jiffy bag. Smells ghastly. Poured one out; will probably PIF the other. Somebody must like the stuff.

I didn't take any pics but today I got a Merkur 41C Open Comb, tub of Sudsy Soapery 'Rain', some Clubman Vanilla Aftershave, and some Clubman Lime Sec Aftershave.

My Stirling order came in today. I'm really impressed with scent of the EDT, it's smells very close to Polo Blue, it's fresh and you can really smell the cucumber and melon. I'm just sprayed it on so I haven't gotten to the heart yet but so far I really like it. The scent off the puck is light but I have no doubt it will open up upon lathering. We're going to top 106 today so I'm excited about the MITA bath soaps. The freebie bar of Deep Blue Sea also smells great. This box just makes me happy.
proxy.php
Glad to hear the other Stirling Blu stuff is nice. I used one of their bath soap bars of that scent and could barely smell it even when it was all over me. Very subtle. Love Sterling though, just about everything else I've bought is a winner.

Glad to hear the other Stirling Blu stuff is nice. I used one of their bath soap bars of that scent and could barely smell it even when it was all over me. Very subtle. Love Sterling though, just about everything else I've bought is a winner.

I wore the EDT yesterday. I applied 3 sprays, 1 to my chest and 2 to my neck when I left for work at 5 am. I ran a few errands after work and ended up getting home about the same time as my fiancee at 6 pm. I gave her a big hug and she commented "you smell really good". I have 3 other Stirling EDT's and I easily get 8-10 hours out of them but the Blu is a beast.

Didn't take any pics, but my Gillette Black Beauty with metal backplate arrived today. It looks like a typical Black Beauty, except this particular one, underneath a very fine haze of soap scum looks absolutely perfect. Pics wouldn't do it justice. It's REALLY that good :001_302:

Top Bottom